Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle and Product Reviews > Motorcycle Reviews

View Poll Results: Which bike would you pick?
2007/8 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer 2 22.22%
2000 HD FLSTC Pearl 1 11.11%
something else 6 66.67%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2008, 10:45 PM   #41
pcpilot
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Well folks, I went and did it...I bought a Yamamamaha. I really loved the Harley but it was waaaaay to loud and Im half deaf already, it vibrated too much and Im not into that sort of thing, and after riding the Star, it just seemed right. But get this, it wasnt the 1300 tourer. I went to test drive that bike today, took it out for a spin and I dont know how to explain it but it just seemed like a toy...sounded like one too. I wasnt impressed. So the salesman brings out a Siverado we had looked at. Took it for a spin and much nicer. But if I was left with just that bike or the HD, I woulda went for the HD. I would have got more bike for the buck. I come back from the ride and waiting for me is a stratoliner. We had looked at it but it was out of our price range by a mile. Said so to the salesman and he just grinned and said whats it gonna hurt to ride it a little...gee, ok, I didnt just jumped off the turnip truck but to humor him I take it out. Yup, it was the one. When I started it up, it just sounded nice. A deep throaty rumble that didnt assault whats left of my ear drums. Did a few O's and S turns in the parking lot and low speed handling and balance was pretty sweet. Headed out on the street, twisted the throttle and away went my money. It was smooth, I wasnt buffeted a lot, and lots of power to spare. Got back to the showroom and told this guy I had a limit on what I would spend and wouldnt go a cent past it. Being the bike is a 2007 and he wanted it off the floor for the '09's on the way, he lopped off $3500 and added a luggage rack and floorboards for the passenger. Already put 100 miles on it lol. Cant wait till the morning now...

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-14-2008, 06:01 AM   #42
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Well good for you and congradulations, sounds like you got a great bike and a good deal to go with it!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 02:21 PM   #43
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Congrats! Enjoy it in Good Health!

Have fun Shtormin' da' Castle!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 03:58 PM   #44
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Sounds like you made a wise choice for your needs! Now, go have fun!

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:35 AM   #45
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

So you rode them all and picked the one that felt the best to you. What a concept! Good luck with your new bike.
Old 06-15-2008, 10:00 AM   #46
pcpilot
Registered Member

Yeah, simple concepts are the ones that require the most jenious...

Spent the day on it yesterday; pretty nice though my butt was a little sore after awile; I may need a better saddle. Up here in the wilds of Montana yesterday I had the sun out in a blue sky, the bugs werent too thick, and the road to myself mostly...well, me and the deer. Guess as soon as I can get the digital camera back, I'll post some shots of it. Thanks all for the advice, words of encouragement, and off-topic laughs.