Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle and Product Reviews > Motorcycle Reviews

View Poll Results: Which bike would you pick?
2007/8 Yamaha V-Star 1300 tourer 2 22.22%
2000 HD FLSTC Pearl 1 11.11%
something else 6 66.67%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2008, 06:31 PM   #21
pcpilot
Registered Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Hey Mods, what the hell is going on with the forums? Did somebody install a service pack or something? The New Posts feature isn't working right, and the chronology of the posts is wrong. Kevin Duke has his hand out for my Premium Membership dues, and I'm sure he won't want to take it if there are these annoying issues going on. He needs the money, so let's get it fixed.

As for you, PCP I Lot, if you expected us to pay attention to the question you actually asked and not use your post as an excuse to rant on about our individual agendas, you came to the wrong place. Have you given any thought at all to what's going on with Global Warming or the looming Crude Oil Peak Production crises? I thought not. Allow me to fill you in...
Lol...your right of course Ken. I didnt think my questions wouldnt arouse a certain passion...thats one thing riders have lots of... ...and...AND...your right about the forum posts being wonkie.
pcpilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-11-2008, 07:06 AM   #22
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Global warming???? It's 50 and raining here, which is an improvment becasuse it was 45 and raining yesterday. Snow levels back down to 4k feet in the mountains, a foot of wet snow on Snoqualmie Pass yesterday 36 and rain today. We're going camping next weekend, I better bring my dam* snow shoes...

And oil prices... HA ! I get 44 mpg on the Bandito Grande and 45+ on the Dyna I laugh at high gas prices HA! and I laugh even more at those stupid sh*ts in their Hummers and F350's getting b-slapped every time they fill up HA and HA again, I hope gas hits $10 a gallon !!!! That'll teach those weenier breathed morons !!

Vote Republican-4 more Wars !!!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:03 AM   #23
vermicious
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpilot View Post
If you look at the concours from the side Kenneth, it has a "humped" tank, cetainly not the smooth transition from seat to tank most bikes, espesially cruisers, have. Nothing like lying forward on that in the wind and hitting a nice bump to shove the tank in your brestbone. Next thing you know I'll be having paramedics doing chest compressions to restart my heart. No thanks, I'll stick with something I understand.
This is a problem I've never heard of... I've owned a wide variety of bikes and have yet to be assaulted by the tank on any of them.
vermicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:25 AM   #24
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Global warming???? It's 50 and raining here, which is an improvment becasuse it was 45 and raining yesterday. Snow levels back down to 4k feet in the mountains, a foot of wet snow on Snoqualmie Pass yesterday 36 and rain today. We're going camping next weekend, I better bring my dam* snow shoes...

And oil prices... HA ! I get 44 mpg on the Bandito Grande and 45+ on the Dyna I laugh at high gas prices HA! and I laugh even more at those stupid sh*ts in their Hummers and F350's getting b-slapped every time they fill up HA and HA again, I hope gas hits $10 a gallon !!!! That'll teach those weenier breathed morons !!

Vote Republican-4 more Wars !!!
Free Bobby Seale! Vote for Change! Join the Obamanation!

It's snowing just east of me right now. Could you get me Algore's phone number? I really need him to bring me some of that there Global Warming.

P.S. What did I ever do to deserve that link you sent me? Jeeezus! Just when you thought you've seen it all.
Old 06-11-2008, 08:32 AM   #25
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I hope gas hits $10 a gallon !!!!
Do you have any idea what that will do to heating oil prices? As it is they are predicting $5.50 a gallon for heating oil this winter. That will mean $5500 in oil costs to heat my home, which is about an average usage for a home around here (about 1000 gallons). When I bought my house just two years ago I paid 1700 for heating. How many people can afford to shell out that kind of money to heat their home at that cost? It will be quite the mess if it keeps going in that direction.

And at $10 a gallon people will die due to not being able to heat their home.

I'm getting a quote on Geo-thermal heating and cooling installation next month (between 25 and 50 grand). If oil keeps going up it will be easier to make the transition as it will pay for it's self in 5-10 years.

So, no, 10 bucks a gallon will cause far more harm than good.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 08:34 AM   #26
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Free Bobby Seale! Vote for Change! Join the Obamanation!

It's snowing just east of me right now. Could you get me Algore's phone number? I really need him to bring me some of that there Global Warming.

P.S. What did I ever do to deserve that link you sent me? Jeeezus! Just when you thought you've seen it all.
Just sharin' the love brother, roflmao

Old 06-11-2008, 09:36 AM   #27
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Well then........

Quote:
Originally Posted by vermicious View Post
This is a problem I've never heard of... I've owned a wide variety of bikes and have yet to be assaulted by the tank on any of them.

I see you've never heard of the "open book" fracture?

Basically in some accidents you hit the tank hump hard enough to push your legs apart and crack your pelvic bone like a durn crab leg....most unpleasent I'm sure

Old 06-11-2008, 09:45 AM   #28
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

At least bikes these days no longer have the old Triumph "testicle remover" parcel grid.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:15 AM   #29
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default True, true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
At least bikes these days no longer have the old Triumph "testicle remover" parcel grid.
but if you hit hard enough to bring on my above mentioned open book fracture I imagine they'd be digging what's left of your manly bits out of the back of your britches ...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 06-11-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:53 AM   #30
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachiwilson View Post
Yeah, nowadays they're called "wedding rings."