Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle and Product Reviews > Motorcycle Reviews

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #1
joso4u
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Default Undertaker Motorcycle Trailing System ???

Hello All, I just wanted to know if you guys have an opinion on the Undertaker Motorcycle Trailing System that allows you to tow your bike by strapping the front wheel to a trailer hitch.... The product can be viewed on youtube by searching the phrase "Undertaker Motorcycle Trailing System"...click the video with the Harley... I am thinking of buying for a Suzuki Boulevard C50 and was wondering if it was safe for the bike??? Your help will be much appreciated...

Sorry Guys .... here goes the the link http://www.youtube.com/v/NaCkKRkQSf0

Last edited by joso4u : 06-02-2010 at 10:01 AM.
joso4u is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
pushrod
Founding Member
 
pushrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Baja 'Bama
Posts: 3,642
Default

You woulda thought the dude would have at least provided a link, but Nooooooo!

Now my curiosity compells me to go look at the contraption, dang it!
__________________
You would not understand,
this is not how I am...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
joso4u
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joso4u View Post
Hello All, I just wanted to know if you guys have an opinion on the Undertaker Motorcycle Trailing System that allows you to tow your bike by strapping the front wheel to a trailer hitch.... The product can be viewed on youtube by searching the phrase "Undertaker Motorcycle Trailing System"...click the video with the Harley... I am thinking of buying for a Suzuki Boulevard C50 and was wondering if it was safe for the bike??? Your help will be much appreciated...
Sorry Guys .... here goes the the link http://www.youtube.com/v/NaCkKRkQSf0
joso4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
pushrod
Founding Member
 
pushrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Baja 'Bama
Posts: 3,642
Default

I'm baaaa-aack!

Here is the link: YouTube - Undertaker Motorcycle Trailing System

Looks like a clever rig, but to my eye it looks under-engineered for a big bike. That is a lot of tongue weight for a Class II (350 lbs) or even a Class III (500 lbs) hitch.

Only half the bike is on the rig, you say? Well, what about the length of that arm? What kind of torque you putting on that thing?

I'm guessing you go over a good whoop or even a substantial speed bump you might bend something.
__________________
You would not understand,
this is not how I am...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #5
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member
 
Kenneth_Moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VIsiting the GIft Shop in the Pit of DIspair
Posts: 7,118
Default

"Undertaker" is such a poor choice for a product name involving vehicles.

New "Coffin Hauler" now available for your Prize Harley!
__________________
www.kennethmoore.org
Kenneth_Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #6
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
"Undertaker" is such a poor choice for a product name involving vehicles.

New "Coffin Hauler" now available for your Prize Harley!
Why not? Most people who buy Harleys (and Goldwings) already have one foot in the grave.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 09:56 AM   #7
compmoto
Registered Member
 
compmoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 14
Default Wow !

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Why not? Most people who buy Harleys (and Goldwings) already have one foot in the grave.
at the risk of appearing to be a "post *****"... that is just, wrong... can you help me with the "burial"?, I can barely lift the shovel ! Goldwings? Maybe. Harleys ? NAHHH ! Chicks,dig 'em ! Where's my Viagra !?!?!?!!!
__________________
XB9S,FZR600,RZ350,X440,XC300
compmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off