Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle and Product Reviews > Motorcycle Reviews

Old 09-03-2009, 12:50 PM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Get the upgraded 675 Street Triple and have fun blowing all those 600 Supersports into the weeds.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #12
acecycleins
Founding Member

Chris- before you buy shop the insurance. That may be the determining factor if you get the bike you'd like or not. If you're under 30 those liter class bikes might be expensive. Truly- look at a Trumph Daytona 675 or a Suzuki GSXR750. A middle weight might be the ticket to more fun and more money in your pocket when the premiums come due.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #13
icefire9
Registered Member

thanks for your replys guys, ive thought hard about a streetfighter, but i just havent had enough yet of the supersports....lol
Insurance, i think should just about be ok, im 30 with no previous accidents or convictions,
TBH the only thing that put me off the Daytona in the past was that i heard that it was REALLY uncomfortable, more so than Ducatis etc...
Theres always ways around these sort of issues, i.e Gel seat replacements etc...
I reckon im gona try and get a test ride on one and see, meanwhile im goin to have to stop looking at 848 ducatis as everytime i see one, all my good sense goes out the window and just oogle at it drooling, it just looks so damn good god dammit!!!!

LOL
icefire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 09:07 AM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

I would also suggest the GSXR750 the perfect middle weight, closer to the liter than you think. The 675 would be a good choice but again how many Japanese dealers will you pass on the way to your Truimph dealer. And if they are that scarce think of how many OEM parts they won't have in stock?
Old 09-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #15
icefire9
Registered Member

yep, had thought about that one, also, i recently moved to sunny cyprus from Uk, and i dont think they have even heard of that bike over here!! There isnt a single Triumph dealer and more importantly how am i going to get parts for it, if no one has even worked on it. Japs a plenty here tho. Ill have a look at the gixxer 750. Thanks for all the help guys.
icefire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 11:37 PM   #16
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Looks like you're stuck with the Japanese there Laddy, I'd go with the tried and true GSXR myself.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:05 AM   #17
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I say Ducati. I've had two. I put 25,000 miles on the first one and have 3000 on the second. They've been trouble free and sound way better than any dang jap 4 banger.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:53 AM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Maybe you could have broken one of those Ducatis if you didn't ride like a big baby. Maybe you will ride that Beemer like a real man!
Old 09-18-2009, 09:21 PM   #19
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Get the upgraded 675 Street Triple and have fun blowing all those 600 Supersports into the weeds.

Unless of coarse that 600 is actually a 750, they do look alike!
Old 09-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Unless of coarse that 600 is actually a 750, they do look alike!
LOL! You can tell the 600s because so many of the owners remove the '600' decal. The 750 and 1000 owners leave theirs on.

I don't know, though. That 675 might give the GSXR750 some fits on the right road. If you haven't ridden one you should try one.