Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Cool Spies Signs,....

Apparently Yamaha Italia thought he was worth the money.
Ben Spies will ride Wsbk on a Yamaha.Shocking, and very stupid in my opinion on Suzukis behalf.
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-29-2008, 12:30 PM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Apparently Yamaha Italia thought he was worth the money.
Ben Spies will ride Wsbk on a Yamaha.Shocking, and very stupid in my opinion on Suzukis behalf.
It's still not "official". Yamaha made a smart, but weird move. I wouldn't call Ben development rider. Corser and Haga surely were. Haga can/could put it on the top box, but Corser has had issues. Can Ben and his 23yo teammate do the same as Haga? If not- it's gonna be a long fisrt season. Xerox would have been better or Alstare since they are the Suzuki go to guys. Yamaha put all the chips in. Hope Ben does well...
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
MOKE1K
Registered Member
 
MOKE1K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kalapana, Big Island
Posts: 3,994
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
It's still not "official". Yamaha made a smart, but weird move. I wouldn't call Ben development rider. Corser and Haga surely were. Haga can/could put it on the top box, but Corser has had issues. Can Ben and his 23yo teammate do the same as Haga? If not- it's gonna be a long fisrt season. Xerox would have been better or Alstare since they are the Suzuki go to guys. Yamaha put all the chips in. Hope Ben does well...
I agree with some of your statments as far as the Alstare team, but I think you "become" a development rider.

I also think riders like Haga become that way, specially when they stay with one Manuufacture for so long. Besides not only do you have to beable to set the bike up, but do it quickly. After seeing Bens results in Motogp I think he is a development rider, he just lacks experience compaired to older riders such as Haga. Suzuki screwed this one up imo,....Go Ben GO!!!
__________________
"YOU CAN'T BOLT ON SKILL"
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:20 PM   #4
sfcdjevans
Registered Member
 
sfcdjevans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 43.47N-76.48W
Posts: 956
Default

Remember alot of this has more than rider talent involved. Marketing ect... Suzuki doesn't need more presence in the USA. Well after DMG they might, but...
__________________
3425 miles from Reading, UK
Why their heads on a pike of course. If I thought it would do any good.
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
acecycleins
Founding Member
 
acecycleins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 4,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcdjevans View Post
Remember alot of this has more than rider talent involved. Marketing ect... Suzuki doesn't need more presence in the USA. Well after DMG they might, but...
You can't market boring races. The AMA has tried and failed. DMG has the scheme in place and the players want to have some sort of control. What an asinine position to take. The FIM, WSB, MotoGP- whom the DMG/AMA wish to imulate- do not let manufacturers make the rules. They may lobby for rules changes, but every one of those series is run as a dictatorship.

Now, being the right-wing guy I am I could argue politics and dictators all day but in the case of racing it's the only way to run a profitable, organized, on the board operation. Take the manufacturer manipulation out of the equation and you get good racing.
__________________
"Slack" - a state of being in which everything flows smoothly.....a frame of mind so at ease that the universe naturally cooperates.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:05 PM   #6
sfcdjevans
Registered Member
 
sfcdjevans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 43.47N-76.48W
Posts: 956
Default

Silly me, I didn't notice it while I was there but I saw it on another forum. Suzuki didn't have a presence on the infield of Indy. Odd.
__________________
3425 miles from Reading, UK
Why their heads on a pike of course. If I thought it would do any good.
sfcdjevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off