Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 09-04-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Michelins tire problems?

What is going on at Michelin? How does a company that has had so much success in past history of Grand Prix seem to have absolutly fallin off its game. I find it hard that the restriction on using only a certain amount of tires could hurt them that much?

Pedrosa changing tire Manufactures mid season is a stab in the back for Michelin, jokingly though I think their ok with that. Any thoughts. Is this going to break down the lead Vale has. Will pedrosa beable to run with Rossi until the end of a race? But still have enough at the end to make it stick?

Last edited by MOKE1K : 09-04-2008 at 10:50 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2008, 10:17 AM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

The short story is that no one at Michelin is listening to Colin or Nicky. All of the "other" riders are just that: riders. Development is key and Colin and Nicky are the key holders. Problem is that the door's locks have been changed at Michelin. Doesn't matter in the end. The "control" tire situation will go into effect next season. Bridgestone will win if they can keep up with the amount of extra manufacturing that needs to be in place. Otherwise look for a slow growth experience like Pirelli had in WSBK.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Seems everyone is talking about development riders these days. Only thing is I never see any worth while results out of them. In my era they were beating everyone. Like Lawson, one of the best if not thee best development rider out their.
Motogp seems worse off than ever, wish they never rid themselves of the 2strokes. That was when men were men and the 500z where nearly
unridable.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 09-04-2008 at 12:37 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:33 AM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Seems everyone is talking about development riders these days. Only thing is I never see any worth while results out of them. In my era they were beating everyone. Like Lawson, one of the best if not thee best development rider out their.
Motogp seems worse off than ever, wish they never rid themselves of the 2strokes. That was when men were men and the 500z where nearly
unridable.

The Italian kid (23yo) that works for Ducati does testing for GP and WSBK. He's getting a seat next season on the Alice team. Why? No need to test when everyone runs the same tires. Ducati will use the Alice team as a racing development team for next season. Honda employs a team of Japanese test riders. Problem is those guys like job security more than life so when problems arise they don't tell it like it is. Nicky actually took Honda's test team to task last season when they couldn't get the clutch problems worked out. Yamaha uses that guy that runs the 8hrs of Suzuka as their tester. Guess he's alright at his job, because you never hear Rossi complaining. But Rossi, Edwards, Nicky and Hopkins are all great bike development testers. That's why those 2 day sessions happen after about half the races in the GP season.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:50 AM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

I was gonna note that it seemed Nicky was bein' used as the "development biotch-in-training" last season (as would only befit a returning Champion), but you touched on that..............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:22 AM   #6
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
I was gonna note that it seemed Nicky was bein' used as the "development biotch-in-training" last season (as would only befit a returning Champion), but you touched on that..............
Deffinatly agree with this statment!