Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/)
-   -   Daytona Motorsports Group buys it all! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/7426-daytona-motorsports-group-buys-all.html)

pplassm 03-07-2008 07:30 AM

Daytona Motorsports Group buys it all!

pplassm 03-07-2008 07:33 AM

More info: Good news for Flat Track?

Cycle News Online

pushrod 03-07-2008 07:46 AM

Oh Lord!

France is in the "driver's seat"?

Soon all the kids will be riding the same bike, but with different billboards (bodies) strapped on them. Except those shanghaied to ride the BOT (Bike of Tomorrow).

Good news, maybe SPEED will carry a couple more races. Maybe even the same week they run!

The_AirHawk 03-07-2008 07:58 AM

“For as long as I can remember, the AMA name has been synonymous with professional motorcycle racing in America,” said France. Added Edmondson, “Our goal is to guide the sport into the mainstream of American culture and showcase the extraordinary abilities of the competitors and their teams.”

To which France replied, "Of course, there'll be a few changes to the Racing Format; only carbureted 350cid pushrod V8's and Goodyear Tires will be allowed on the bikes, and we'll have 'change up' a few other things to get a bit-more spectacular crashes out there on the field - just to get Joe-sixpack's attention. But HEY - Rubbin' is Racin'!"

acecycleins 03-10-2008 09:00 AM

I made this call weeks ago. With the ability to market like no other it was the only right call. I was only slightly wrong in my guess. I thought they'd buy the rights and run the show. They bought the show. I stated before that DMG was the way for Superbike to survive and put it in print in a local magazine, as well. Can't wait for '09 season. Major changes are about to happen and racing will be better for it.

seruzawa 03-10-2008 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 180277)
I made this call weeks ago. With the ability to market like no other it was the only right call. I was only slightly wrong in my guess. I thought they'd buy the rights and run the show. They bought the show. I stated before that DMG was the way for Superbike to survive and put it in print in a local magazine, as well. Can't wait for '09 season. Major changes are about to happen and racing will be better for it.

They gotta do something to breathe life into Superbike. One can only watch the Big4 parade for so long before boredom setszzzzzzz.........

The_AirHawk 03-10-2008 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 180279)
They gotta do something to breathe life into Superbike. One can only watch the Big4 parade for so long before boredom setszzzzzzz.........

WAKE UP! LOOK! LOOK!! A Crash!!!

Kenneth_Moore 03-10-2008 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 180280)
WAKE UP! LOOK! LOOK!! A Crash!!!

So, you don't see any significant changes then...

acecycleins 03-10-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 180297)
So, you don't see any significant changes then...

OK- everyone look at the MOTO ST thread for my take on AMA 2009 and beyond.

BTW- Someone write that down. I never remember to do those things.

The_AirHawk 03-10-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 180302)
OK- everyone look at the MOTO ST thread for my take on AMA 2009 and beyond.

BTW- Someone write that down. I never remember to do those things.

Already did - and you forgot to add Number Eight!