Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/)
-   -   Indy Flat Track Tickets (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/7170-indy-flat-track-tickets.html)

sfcdjevans 01-24-2008 03:28 PM

Indy Flat Track Tickets

Looks to me like there are still alot of good tickets available. $45 in the center, second level. Not bad considering GP weekend and all. Anybody know how far it is from IMS to the State Fair Grounds?

sfcdjevans 01-31-2008 03:31 PM

Ticket arrived today, yeah me..... So anybody from Indiana gonna tell me how far apart IMS and the State Fair Grounds are?

longride 02-01-2008 05:08 AM

Mapquest maybe?

sarnali2 02-01-2008 07:06 AM

According to my map it looks like about an 1/8 of an inch........

sfcdjevans 02-01-2008 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 178202)
According to my map it looks like about an 1/8 of an inch........

Yikes your right! Their practically on top of each other. Less than 7 miles taking the back way. No adventure at all.

I had been hoping for some local insight. Now I see why there was none.

longride 02-01-2008 08:27 AM

I see by your comment that you have never been to Indiana. Not only is there no local insight, but there is pretty much no anything. All roads inside Indiana lead OUT!

12er 02-01-2008 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 178207)
I see by your comment that you have never been to Indiana. Not only is there no local insight, but there is pretty much no anything. All roads inside Indiana lead OUT!

Hey, that sounds like Chicago! oh.... Hey LR, hows that -22 treating you? Our 40 was down right blustery this morning. I almost zipped my windbreaker up.

longride 02-01-2008 09:44 AM

Didn't need a thing this morning. We have things called heat and indoor plumbing that makes things lots easier!

seruzawa 02-01-2008 09:47 AM

Yeah.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 178214)
Hey, that sounds like Chicago! oh.... Hey LR, hows that -22 treating you? Our 40 was down right blustery this morning. I almost zipped my windbreaker up.

But in SF it's 40 in the summer, too! SF's like a cold Hawaii with a lot of homeless people and fog all the time.

12er 02-01-2008 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 178221)
But in SF it's 40 in the summer, too! SF's like a cold Hawaii with a lot of homeless people and fog all the time.

As Mark Twain stated "Coldest winter I ever experianced was summer in San Francisco" Hence why Im a BnT (the Dreaded Bridge and Tunnel crowd)as its up to 40 degree's warmer in the summer just 20 miles away.

Homeless? Oh no, they are housing challenged, this is SF after all. Love the first rain after a few days, livens up all the dried urine and smells wonderfull. Then again on non rainy days we still got the fresh urine smell. Maybe that -22 isnt a bad thing after all, explains our homeless, they all moved out west.

Since I'm on a mild rant anyone read about the latest "Code Pink" protesting the Berkeley Marine Recruiters office? City of Berkeley gave them a parking space in front of the recruiters. WTF... If were nuked first, I'll understand...