Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 07-11-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
kavenger
Banned

Thumbs up AMA New Superbike Rules: Big Twins allowed. Big Win for Ducati and Buell

Ducati and Buell can get back in the game. Read Here and Here
kavenger is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2007, 06:24 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

"In a recent "interview", Michael Jordan seemed miffed over his inability to acquire factory tackle."

That's why they call it 'factory tackle' Mike. It must be hard for you to compete in a sport where everyone in sight doesn't fall to their knees and ask for a blessing when you walk by.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #3
kavenger
Banned

Here is the official AMA press release
Old 07-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
kavenger
Banned

Good point but I think Mike wants the AMA to be more like NASCAR where almost every car has a "good chance to win on any Sunday". You would probably see the end of the pure factory team.. But I think the racing would be better than the current "factory advertising parade" as you implied in your excellent post on the AMA races at Miller..
Old 07-12-2007, 11:43 AM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
"In a recent "interview", Michael Jordan seemed miffed over his inability to acquire factory tackle."

That's why they call it 'factory tackle' Mike. It must be hard for you to compete in a sport where everyone in sight doesn't fall to their knees and ask for a blessing when you walk by.
True enough. It's almost as pathetic as the guys that think that 'every car has a chance to win on Sunday' in NASCAR. If any moron really thinks that, then they haven't been paying attention for the last 15 years.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
kavenger
Banned

Thumbs up

If we go to NASCAR.com and look at the standings. Around 23 teams of 31 teams that have been in all of the races have top 5 finishes.. That show s a very competitive league to me. Also there have been 12 different winners Compared to AMA Superbikes 2 different Winners
Old 07-12-2007, 12:37 PM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Yeah let's emulate NASCAR. First we have to convince the motorcycle racers that they have to travel only in a big circle.

I actually like the new rule changes. But the nature of m/c racing and it's dependency on factory involvement means you're never going to completely eliminate the advantages that the factories enjoy. No factories = no pro bike racing.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:58 PM   #8
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

This may be a profoundly stupid question, but how come we can't have professional motorcycle races where the only rules are those required to maintain a reasonable degree of safety? Basically, you could bring any damn motorbike you want and race it. Forget all the tweaking and tuning of displacement, engine types, yada yada yada, and other BS like AMA has always done to manipulate the outcomes. I'm not saying eliminate class racing, just make a totally "Open" class.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:18 PM   #9
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Yeah let's emulate NASCAR. First we have to convince the motorcycle racers that they have to travel only in a big circle.

I actually like the new rule changes. But the nature of m/c racing and it's dependency on factory involvement means you're never going to completely eliminate the advantages that the factories enjoy. No factories = no pro bike racing.
There are 4 competitive teams in NASCAR. Roush, Hendrick, RCR, and Gibbs. All multiple car teams. Try to find a champion outside those 4 teams in the last 20 years. Some idiots think that 'different winners' equal 'everyone has a chance' They don't. Why do you think Dale Jr. is going to Hendrick's team next year? Because he has absolutely no chance of winning anything where he is at, and he never will win unless he gets in with the 'Big Four'. Isn't the same guy that is crying for new rules, the same guy that cried about special rules for v-twins not long ago? Now the same guy wants to emulate NASCAR, which he doesn't watch and mistakenly believes that 'everyone has a chance to win'. Go tell Michael Waltrip that. His team can't even qualify, much less win. Oh, and go tell Jordan to go make a success of something other than shooting a basketball, which is all he ever knew in the first place.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:46 PM   #10
kavenger
Banned

Point taken..Owners wining
In 06 Hendrick, 05 Gibbs, o4 Roush, 03 Mike Martin don't know the owner,
However, even with 4 dominate teams/owners there are several different drivers and cars that have a chance. Unlike Superbike where Mladin and Spies i.e. Suzuki have dominated since Hayden left and the inlines 4 went to 1000 cc..