Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 10-17-2012, 08:16 AM   #1
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Default TTXGP in Daytona!

I'm going to my first E-Bike race this weekend. The 2012 World Final will be held Sunday, 10/16, at Daytona International Speedway. There are events Fri-Sun, but I'll probably only make the Sunday race.

TTXGP - The eGrandPrix » Latest News » TTXGP WORLD FINAL 2012

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Hopefully you can get a good seat.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Actually I'll get the all-access pass so I can tour the pits and see the bikes close-up. That's one thing I love about m/c races at Daytona, for a few bucks extra you can get behind the scenes.

I didn't miss the barb, BTW.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #4
pushrod
Founding Member

I hope it's a re-volting experience!

It'll be a bit weird, walking through the pits and not smelling any fuel...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

How much did they CHARGE for the tickets? Is it GENERATING a lot of excitement? OHMy I wish I were there but the wife has too much RESISTANCE to traveling that far.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
12er
Founding Member

You'll forget the race is on if you talk to anyone while its going on. So do not take your eyes off the track. Without the sound and the smells its not all that exciting I hate to say. Add in the field this year is pretty small even with the two classes and its even more boring. Ive seen them 4 or 5 times now and with a bigger field it would be more fun. But 10 guys spread out on the track silently, not so much.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
You'll forget the race is on if you talk to anyone while its going on. So do not take your eyes off the track. Without the sound and the smells its not all that exciting I hate to say. Add in the field this year is pretty small even with the two classes and its even more boring. Ive seen them 4 or 5 times now and with a bigger field it would be more fun. But 10 guys spread out on the track silently, not so much.
Ken spanking the monkey alone in the stands will be more exciting than the race.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Ken spanking the monkey alone in the stands will be more exciting than the race.
Maybe but at least he'll have to wear pants.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:11 AM   #9
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Speaking of which, how'd you like that last video I sent you? I know, I know, it wasn't the fireman outfit you asked for, but if you're a naughty boy...I'll see if I can accomodate you tonight.

Kisses!
Old 10-18-2012, 06:13 AM   #10
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12er View Post
I can see what you mean. I've always enjoyed the different sounds from the various engine types at Daytona. The Ducatis have a low "blat" sound versus the high-pitched whine of the I-4s. The last HDs that raced in the 200 made a helluva noise...at least for the first few laps before they blew up.

As for the scents; after 50+ years of burning rubber, spilled race gas, exhaust, and puking NASCAR fans, I doubt the DIR is going to smell any different. It's like Bourbon St. in New Orleans: nothing in the world smells anything like it, and nothing in the world can make the smell go away.

Last edited by The Spaceman : 10-18-2012 at 06:16 AM.
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote