Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #21
Buzglyd
Founding Member
 
Buzglyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 10,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
You need to get out more. See a drag or flat track race with 2-5 bikes.

Exactly what is the minimum number of contestants in Buzzburg to constitute an "official" race? Do you think the first gas bike races had 30 bikes?
Granpappy was at the first GasOleen motorbike race back in ought 3.

It was all good until the butane headlights caught fire and burned up the whole field.

Duct tape hadn't been invented yet.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2012, 05:04 PM   #22
jmdonald
Founding Member
 
jmdonald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Mission Viejo
Posts: 1,291
Question They were there right?

There were naked chicks there right?
__________________
Secede.
jmdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #23
seruzawa
The Toad

 
seruzawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: 8501 ft.
Posts: 17,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
You need to get out more. See a drag or flat track race with 2-5 bikes.

Exactly what is the minimum number of contestants in Buzzburg to constitute an "official" race? Do you think the first gas bike races had 30 bikes?
Pioneers of American Motorcycle Racing,**Chapter 1

Looks like there were 4 bikes. Of course there were only a few thousand motorcyclists nationwide at best in 1901.
__________________
"Make no mistake, Communism lost a big argument - one we know today as the 20th century."
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:57 AM   #24
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Pioneers of American Motorcycle Racing,**Chapter 1

Looks like there were 4 bikes. Of course there were only a few thousand motorcyclists nationwide at best in 1901.
I guess they should correct the title of that article to:

"Pioneers of American Motorcycle Exhibitions, Chapter 1."

Right Buzz?

Now go post something unrelated with a smart remark to cover your myopia.
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #25
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

 
sarnali2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sittin' down by my window, lookin' at the rain.
Posts: 8,719
Default

Friedel Munch has to be close to 90 now, how is he developing a new bike? Maybe Honda can dig up Soichiro and reanimate him into an ASIMO robot, he could probably bang out a usable electric bike..
__________________
"Carpe` Throttelum -Loud Suits Save Lives"

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #26
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
Friedel Munch has to be close to 90 now, how is he developing a new bike? Maybe Honda can dig up Soichiro and reanimate him into an ASIMO robot, he could probably bang out a usable electric bike..
Carl Oscar Hedström is dead and they're still selling Indian motorcycles.
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:51 PM   #27
The_AirHawk
Founding Member
 
The_AirHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Leanin' Tower O' P-P-P-P-POWAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Posts: 11,490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
Carl Oscar Hedström is dead and they're still selling Indian motorcycles.
Those are not Indians. Those are something more-akin to.... HD-Ripoffs with droopy fenders, fringed saddlebags, and Conchas. That Drifter-Indian-knockoff Kawasaki made in the late '90s was closer to an "Indian" than the current POS masquerading-about.....
__________________
Parfois, on fait pas semblant
Sometimes, it's not pretend
Oderint Dum Metuant
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #28
The Spaceman
Registered Member
 
The Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Those are not Indians. Those are something more-akin to.... HD-Ripoffs with droopy fenders, fringed saddlebags, and Conchas. That Drifter-Indian-knockoff Kawasaki made in the late '90s was closer to an "Indian" than the current POS masquerading-about.....
Taa Daaa!!
__________________
318 curves in 11 miles."
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off