Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 07-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Rossi get's vocal against Ducati

So he Rossi finally speaks out to the press about Ducati, something I think is part of the problem after countless world class riders keep telling you the same thing its time to set aside the chip on your shoulder and listen to the riders. And hey if your not listening to a 9time world champion somethings wrong.

Rossi Lashes Out After Assen Qualifying
by staff
Monday, July 02, 2012

Seven-time MotoGP World Champion Valentino Rossi pulled the pin and lobbed a couple of live grenades at Ducati management after qualifying 10th for TT Assen, perhaps his harshest criticism of the Boys from Bologna since his infamous tirade after the 2012 season opener at Qatar.

"Ducati need for try to bring this bike at a better level," Rossi told English media. "We need to have a clear and a better plan for try to fix the problem, because at this moment we expect just a different engine to try for try to have the bottom more smooth, which I think is a good idea. But for the problem of the understeer and to finish the tire too early, I don't know what I have to expect. We need some good ideas because for try and fix the problem it is not enough to try to fix with the settings. We need something more, but unfortunately I don't know what.

"From Portugal, we arrived to a good setting and did a not-so-bad race. We had to arrive at a good point of speed for understand because in the first races I was very slow, but from Portugal the problem looks the same, so for this reason I expect some good ideas and a good effort for try to fix this problem because it is very optimistic for try to think that just moving the weight will fix the problem."

Rossi erupted even more to Italian media, which lapped up the lava with its usual mixture of glee and adoration.

"Maybe Ducati think that what we say as riders is not true, or it's wrong," Rossi said.

Rossi also was asked by the Italian media pack if he has aired his concerns with Ducati technical boss Filippo Preziosi.

"I told you already three or four months ago and have not heard anything," Rossi said. "The problems we have is the engine to the chassis, for the latter does not seem that there is a plan to resolve them soon. What I am giving is advice. We must make a clear plan and trust the feelings of the riders to try to improve."

Does this sound like a guy who has a future in red?

Rossi tried to smooth things over later in the Assen weekend but his pointed barbs make the prediction some are making--that either Rossi or Preziosi will be at Ducati in 2013, but not both--seem credible.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #2
The Spaceman
Registered Member

I imagine it's hard for Rossi to think that the only time he has a shot at a podium is when it's raining on race day.

Unfortunately for him, Ducati has bigger fish to fry than his little guppy. The management team spent the better part of a year getting the company ready for sale, and now they're completely absorbed in being absorbed by Audi.

It's a shame, really. Ducati's total focus on racing, and then deriving street bikes from racing (versus the rest of the world who seem to do it the other way around), is what made Ducati. Now Audi is talking about Ducati producing perhaps a dozen new models in the next couple of years.

The change from a privately-held, niche manufacturer to a public company focused on EPS, EBITDA, and quarterly results will be the end of Ducati as we've known it. I've seen it before: a small, private company that's really good at what it does, perhaps is too successful, gets swallowed by a congolmerate and turns into a big, stinking turd.

Ciao.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
I imagine it's hard for Rossi to think that the only time he has a shot at a podium is when it's raining on race day.

Unfortunately for him, Ducati has bigger fish to fry than his little guppy. The management team spent the better part of a year getting the company ready for sale, and now they're completely absorbed in being absorbed by Audi.

It's a shame, really. Ducati's total focus on racing, and then deriving street bikes from racing (versus the rest of the world who seem to do it the other way around), is what made Ducati. Now Audi is talking about Ducati producing perhaps a dozen new models in the next couple of years.

The change from a privately-held, niche manufacturer to a public company focused on EPS, EBITDA, and quarterly results will be the end of Ducati as we've known it. I've seen it before: a small, private company that's really good at what it does, perhaps is too successful, gets swallowed by a congolmerate and turns into a big, stinking turd.

Ciao.
Excellent post.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #4
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Word on the street is Vale may be on a satalite Honda next year.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Maybe Rossi should retire and not become pathetic like so many others.
Old 07-05-2012, 05:37 AM   #6
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Maybe Rossi should retire and not become pathetic like so many others.
Things aren't going well when even Italians are on Rossi's case:
Not everyone loves Rossi - Snippets - Visordown

And Simonsilly is more popular dead than alive:
Simoncelli tribute grandstand at Mugello - Motorcycle racing news: Moto GP - Visordown

Last edited by The Spaceman : 07-05-2012 at 05:41 AM.
The Spaceman is offline   Reply With Quote