Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 05-21-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
Kimbosquee
Registered Member

Default TV show about youth racing

I recently came across this show about kids' racing called GRRtv (Grass Roots Racing):

YouTube - ‪GRRTV - Grassroots Racing TV, Motorsports Show For Kids‬‏

I talked to the owner of the production company, and this show was previously on the Outdoor Channel and was canceled. I am trying to get this show back on the air on some more mainstream networks. I would like some help in contacting some different networks. I think the more people contact them, the better chance it has of getting back on the air. This show is good for promoting kids' motorsports and getting rid of the ignorance and judgment towards them.

Here is the website of the production company and the "dead" show:
Television Production - Water Productions - The Definitive Name in High Definition Sport Television Production
GRRTV

I hope for you guys to send letters, emails, etc. to as many networks that you feel would be relevant, such as Speed, Fuel, Versus, maybe even TLC, Discovery, kids' networks, etc.
Kimbosquee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

"Grass Roots?" You've got to be kidding, it looks like a powersports factory farm for future racers.

I've got nothing against yoots racing around having fun, but something more like an empty field in the neighborhood is "grass roots" to me. This stuff looks like big money and big pressure for the kids to succeed.

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Morbo the Destroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 02:34 PM   #3
Kimbosquee
Registered Member

How is this any different from kids playing competitive football or baseball instead of in the backyard though? The kids have fun and I would love for youth racing to be out in the open. This show is the best way to do it.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member

Ken- club racing is grass roots. I haven't seen the show, but if it's 125cc or under then it certainly qualifies in my book. I would think that these guys ought to go direct to internet and start their own streamed shows. If they are good then the following will happen. The trick is getting traffic and sponsors for the website. Probably not as hard as you think to get 5-10 companies that will help pay the server and production cost and banner ads do drive traffic.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:26 AM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Who knows with a little a little luck we could be watching parents fighting over who won the race, just like football hey Ken?

I think it's long over due and a great idea!
Old 05-23-2011, 06:20 AM   #6
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbosquee View Post
How is this any different from kids playing competitive football or baseball instead of in the backyard though? The kids have fun and I would love for youth racing to be out in the open. This show is the best way to do it.
It isn't. And the day the cops had to come to the soccer field and take two parents away in handcuffs was the last day my kid played organized soccer.

Obviously there are benefits for the kids, they get off the couch and outside among others. But has anybody ever asked if spending thousands of dollars on powersports equipment and gear for the kids is really where our focus should be? The fact is only a tiny percentage of these kids are ever going to make any money on it. What if we put the same money into education, travel, or other enrichment activities?

Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion.

Its.......A FACT!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:33 AM   #7
acecycleins
Founding Member

Has anyone read the April issue of road racing world? It's mostly about kids getting into racing. A bunch of guys (including Earl Hayden) talking about how parents rag their kids. They (the successful parents of pro racers) all had the same theme: Have fun and don't worry about wins. Learn to ride and take your time. Wins will come with practice and patients.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:14 PM   #8
Kimbosquee
Registered Member

Sorry about bringing back an old thread, but recently the guy told me that the show got picked up by a certain network (he can't tell me yet), it is just not too widespread. So I think this is a step in the right direction, but I think this show still needs to be picked up by a larger network in order for youth motorsports to become more well known. The only media portrayal that youth motorsports get is when something terrible happens because a kid crashed his ATV/motorcycle w/o a helmet.

Why do you say it's all about money and success, and then say that they barely make any money doing this? Obviously kids don't make much money participating in sports, so obviously most parents are not doing for money Most allow their child to participate so they can have fun.

Last edited by Kimbosquee : 05-26-2011 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:22 PM   #9
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

"Old Thread"? It's not like you're a SPAMmer Necromancing a 12-year-old argument between KPaul and bigdx with a few smacks from Ol' Dirty thrown in. Besides - it's your thread!

I hope it's successful. TV/Cable needs MORE programming like this, not LESS...
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 06:42 AM   #10
Morbo the Destroyer
Registered Member

And how is it a good thing for a pre-teen to appear on teevee? What possible benefit will it bring to the child? Maybe they'll get a Monster sponsorship for a trade school or college degree. Yeah, right. They'll get some logo gear and enough prize bucks to drag through the season. Then when they don't make the top 3% to go pro, they'll wind up working in a 7-11, wondering what the hell happened to their youth.

This enterprise is all about the industry, the sponsors, and the egos of the parents. The kids are just the raw meat the industry is grinding up to make their money and for the parents to live out their "my kid made it big" fantasies.

Its.......A FACT!