Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 07-19-2010, 09:07 AM   #1
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Motogp Engine Limit (Update)

The current MotoGP engine situation

Sunday, 18 July 2010 14:29 by Alice
Motogp.com

At the 8th (of 1 race of the season, here is a recap of the current engine situation in MotoGP. We remind readers that each rider has a total of six engines available for the entire season, which works out to an average of three races per engine.
The morning before the German GP at the Sachsenring, Dorna released the list of engines sealed by each rider in the category.* An examination reveals the varying approaches taken by each team and manufacturer.
Jorge Lorenzo, after suffering a spectacular and fiery engine failure during yesterday's qualifying session (it was his #2 engine which broke), is now using his 4th engine.
Dani Pedrosa has thus far used 3 motors.* His #1 engine was used for 4 races, and his #2 and #3 have been used for two races each till now.
His teammate Andrea Dovizioso has also used three engines, his #1 and #2* being used for three races each.
Ducati rider Casey Stoner began using his 4th engine at Sachsenring. The problems with his #2 engine at Le Mans have caused issues for the rider and the team.* His #1 engine lasted only one race, because of his crash in Qatar, and so the other two units have had to run 3 races each.*
Valentino Rossi missed four races because of his injury: Mugello, Silverstone, Assen and Catalunya.* His bike was still used for the last round though, the Catalan GP, by test rider Yoshikawa. The Japanese was using Valentino's #2 engine in the race.* Rossi is now making use of his #3 engine for Sachsenring.
Three engines have also been used by Yamaha rider Ben Spies.* The American's first two engines did two races each, and with the Sachsenring his #3 engine will have done four consecutive races.
Marco Simoncelli's engne use has been very consistent: he has thus far stayed on the three races per engine schedule, and so Sachsenring (race will be run with his #3 sealed engine.
His Gresini teammate Marco Melandri is also on his third motor. His #1 engine did three races, his #2 engine two (as he skipped Assen with an injury), and the German GP will be the second race on his #3 engine.
The situation at Suzuki is quite critical.* Loris Capirsossi was forced to begin using his #4 engine already at the fifth race, at Silverstone. His #2 engine had failed at Mugello, and his #1 engine failed in Barcellona, after having been used in only one race.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Was it just co-incidence that the FIM changed the CC size limitation from 1000 to 800 cc's right before the Motoczyzs C1 was ready to take the field? Hardly. Those bastards conspired to protect the Big Four, which is now the Big Four With the Other Two .

But, they've screwed up and set the limit back at 1,000 next year. HAHAHAHAHA. The Evil Minions of Czyzs will destroy the Enemies of freedom!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
MOKE1K
Registered Member

You ask me theyve changed so much within the last ten years its just ridiculous. Should back to the 2strokes.
Old 07-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
MOKE1K
Registered Member

So I wonder if they will let Spies fir two engines into his bike if they end up not using the last one, then maybe he can win.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
pplassm
Founding Member

No. not back to the 2 strokes. I think the formula should be a specific amount of fuel to finish each race.

Goes down by .25 liter every year.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:38 AM   #6
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Unbelievable! Extra engines for Suzuki

Suzuki could receive three additional engines, beyond their original allotment of six as per the regulations.* This is was the talk in Germany after Alvaro Bautista starting using his fifth engine (Capirossi is on his fourth), and it became fairly clear that the factory from Hamamatsu will not be able to finish the season without breaching the rules. With ten races remaining in the season, Suzuki could soon find itself in the uncomfortable position of having to start races from the pit lane, with a 10 second penalty.* To be brutally honest, considering the performance of the GSV-R thus far, the penalty wouldn't have much effect on the finishing positions at the back of the MotoGP field, but the damage done to their image would be significant.* And not just Suzuki's image, but to the image of MotoGP as well.* Taking two bikes away from an already depleted grid would only add insult to injury, or rather injuries.
So we know that things cannot go forward as they are.* The MotoGP are likely to be manipulated somewhat, assuming that the other manufacturers give their blessing to such measures.* But what of the satellite teams?* The ones who have received castrated engines from Honda and Yamaha in order to allow them to stay within the rules?
We expect a stern reaction from Vito Ippolito, President of the FIM.* If the three extra engines really are allotted, as rumored, we expect nothing less than an official communication from the FIM explaining how the latest change to the rules was permissible.
Gpone.com
Old 07-22-2010, 07:18 AM   #7
acecycleins
Founding Member

Already breaking their own rules and Laguna hasn't even passed. I say if they blow up motors then "oh well". Feel sorry for Capirossi.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #8
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pplassm View Post
No. not back to the 2 strokes. I think the formula should be a specific amount of fuel to finish each race.

Goes down by .25 liter every year.
I believe they already have a 21 litre fuel limit per race, which has affected engine design and tuning. Apparently toward the end of some races, bikes have been losing power as the fuel management system cuts delivery to allow the bike to finish.

But, I think I get where you're going with this, and it's a cool idea.
Old 07-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #9
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I have never been able to figure out why Suzuki can be so competitive with there production bikes in racing and absolutly suck with there factory grand prix bikes. I mean seriously the last title they won was with Jr. Before that it was Kevin. What do you think is the reasoning behind this Ace? Is it because they dont put enough money into it, or what?
Old 07-22-2010, 07:55 AM   #10
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
I have never been able to figure out why Suzuki can be so competitive with there production bikes in racing and absolutly suck with there factory grand prix bikes. I mean seriously the last title they won was with Jr. Before that it was Kevin. What do you think is the reasoning behind this Ace? Is it because they dont put enough money into it, or what?
Yeah - and with God's Own engine configuration (V-4), you'd think they'd be completely Destroying the competition. Perhaps they've done like the Hebrews did upon Moses' first visit to Sinai, and really Pissed Off God enough that he's put a Curse upon their cranks.......
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote