Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 07-19-2010, 06:41 AM   #1
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Laguna rumors

Roger Lee Hayden To Sub For De Puniet At Laguna Seca ?
by dean adams
Sunday, July 18, 2010
When Randy De Puniet crashed out of today's Sachsenring MotoGP race, rumors almost immediately beg an flying about a replacement rider for next week's MotoGP race at Laguna Seca.

These things can change in an instant but knowledgeable sources say that one of the names at the top of the list of replacement riders is American Roger Lee Hayden.

Hayden currently races a privateer Kawasaki in WSBK and will race an American-Honda backed Moto2 bike at Indianapolis.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

Done deal. Maybe this will get RL that M2 full time gig or a private bike in GP next season.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Hopefully so. Ace you seem to be a believer in RL why is it that he deserves all this attention with very little to no respectable results so far in SBK.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member

If you look at his record as a whole and you subtract the injuries timeline he's a top 5 guy no matter the class. If he went to that Triumph team in SS that Disalvo left I truely belive that he would have top 5 finishes consistantly all year. Same with the M2 deal that fell through. He took a piece of junk Kawi GP wildcard ride and turned it into a top 10 in 2007. Give him testing on the M2 and he'll be in the top 10, maybe top 5, by the end of the first session. He'll easily place the LRC Honda into the top 10 in FP2. He's the most talented Hayden on the track when he's not recovering fom broken bones.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:40 AM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Excluding Laguna and other tracks he's familiar with can a top 15 place regular in SBK jump to an even harder class with even more top world riders and finish better. You got faith I'll give ya that. I don't think he will make a dent in SBK this year nor Moto2. I am not saying he will not do good but I think it's going to take him at least a year before he gets a top five finish in Moto2.
Old 07-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

I'm not worried about this year. The Kawi team sucked last year, too. They are an underfunded undermanaged team with no actual racing direction right now. That's why they have no issues letting him race other machines. Even they know the odds are against them and they are, at least, wise enough to let RL jump on other machines to show his talent.
As for the M2 bike, he's perfect for that. His 600 race career is awesome compared to other world 600 racers. Jumpng on the M2 should be like heaven. No worries for the one off Indy ride. Top 8 for the race is where I'd put him if the bike doesn't grenade itself.
Old 07-19-2010, 01:28 PM   #7
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
I'm not worried about this year. The Kawi team sucked last year, too. They are an underfunded undermanaged team with no actual racing direction right now. That's why they have no issues letting him race other machines. Even they know the odds are against them and they are, at least, wise enough to let RL jump on other machines to show his talent.
As for the M2 bike, he's perfect for that. His 600 race career is awesome compared to other world 600 racers. Jumpng on the M2 should be like heaven. No worries for the one off Indy ride. Top 8 for the race is where I'd put him if the bike doesn't grenade itself.
Then why would he even race on the Kawasaki team in the first place. Seems that would hurt him more in the overall skeem of things don't ya think. Course it could be the lack of seats at the beginning of this year as well.
Old 07-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #8
acecycleins
Founding Member

He wanted to live in Europe and the M2 team he was supposed to run ran out of money before they started. The Kawi team was literally the 11th hour. He'd have no seat until Scassa mentioned him to that Kawi team he rode for the previous season. Fluke luck. Otherwise Rog would be sitting with Hacking this season. Take the seat and get exposure. That's the reason.
Old 07-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #9
MOKE1K
Registered Member

What team was he supposed to originally ride for?
Old 07-19-2010, 05:22 PM   #10
acecycleins
Founding Member

It was supposed to be US backed. Out of Indy I think, Euro based out of KR's old England base or someting similar.