Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 07-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Hayden Moto2 Bike.

Break Cover: Hayden's Gorgeous Indy Moto2 Honda
Wednesday, July 07, 2010

One of the best-looking race bikes we've seen in a while. Roger Hayden's Indy Moto2 machine.
image thanks: american honda
American Honda Moto2 Effort To Bear Drudi Performance Graphics

Torrance, CA: American Honda announces today that the graphic design schemes for the team's Moto2 effort at the 2010 Red Bull Indianapolis GP, August 27 to 29, have been designed by world-renown artist Aldo Drudi, founder of Drudi Performance. The team's Moriwaki MD600 as well as the team gear will feature special design elements created specifically for this one-time Indy USGP event.

For decades, Drudi Performance has literally left its mark in motorsports. Beginning in the early 1980s, Drudi design schemes have adorned machine bodywork, leathers, racing suits and helmets in motorcycle racing as well as auto racing, including NASCAR. Commercially available Arai helmets have borne Drudi Performance graphics and the company has also designed motorcycle-riding apparel and motorcycling-related casual wear. In addition, participants in sports as diverse as bicycle racing, soccer, track & field and offshore racing have borne the handiwork of Drudi Performance. Most recently, Drudi designed the graphics for the 2010 Gresini Moto2 team.

Relative to Kevin Schwantz, team manager of the American Honda Moriwaki MD600 project, ties to Aldo Drudi run strong and deep. Drudi began working with Schwantz in 1991 when he designed the starburst helmet Schwantz started wearing in 1992. Drudi has continued designing Schwantz's helmets since that time. Schwantz was the first GP rider wearing a Drudi-designed helmet to win a World Championship.

Designed by Aldo Drudi, Hayden's leathers—they're real and they're spectacular. His name will be sewn on them, do not fret.
image: thanks, american honda
"To work with Kevin, who is a friend and a champion, on a project that American Honda is supporting, it was a given that I was honored to be asked to create the graphics," said Drudi. "This assignment has been particularly special to me because for a long time I have wanted to create a theme that focused on the stars and stripes of the USA, which turns out to be the perfect match for this project. It is a very exciting opportunity and a project that will be of the highest level."

American Honda plans to have Drudi-designed commemorative shirts and hats available to the public with all proceeds to benefit the Ride for Kids. Availability details to follow at a later date.

Superbikeplanet.com

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #2
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

It looks like the US Post Office is the sponsor.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Seems kind of funny to have all that US Flag motif with the big Moriwaki and Honda names on it. I mean there's not a US made part on the thing. At least Harley has a few.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Heehee, Oh Ken.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Seems kind of funny to have all that US Flag motif with the big Moriwaki and Honda names on it. I mean there's not a US made part on the thing. At least Harley has a few.
Always bringing Harley into it? Its an American rider geez.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:01 PM   #6
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Actually, that's the first thing I noticed -- the giant Moriwaki decal over the stars and stripes motif. What the...?!
Old 07-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #7
pushrod
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
I hope not!

It'd cost more, and take longer to get where it's going!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #8
acecycleins
Founding Member

The American Flag is to signify the American Honda effort in fielding the bike. Can anyone see any Erion logos? Didn't notice that myself, but they built the bike for American Honda. Schwantz has the decals promoting the school.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:08 PM   #9
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Actually, that's the first thing I noticed -- the giant Moriwaki decal over the stars and stripes motif. What the...?!
I'm sure you recall Colins stars and stripes on the Honda he rode at Laguna in WSBK. And what about Nickys Ducati with
the typical American flag design for Indy two years ago.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:44 PM   #10
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
I'm sure you recall Colins stars and stripes on the Honda he rode at Laguna in WSBK. And what about Nickys Ducati with
the typical American flag design for Indy two years ago.
Ther was a fine difference, my friend. The Honda and Ducati themes were R/W/B, quite patriotic, but they were not resembling the flag. To my eye, this too closely resembles the flag, which is NOT cool, but then again, YMMV.

FWIW, the Corser Ducati and the Hayden USA bikes are two of the coolest bikes I've ever seen, but this is just too much.