Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/)
-   -   Hayden Moto2 Bike. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/15728-hayden-moto2-bike.html)

MOKE1K 07-10-2010 05:34 AM

You guys sound like salty Americans. If it bothers you so much make something happen. Your lucky someone's done something to represent our country at all. Yet you still complain, what gives. The only irony I see is you seem to have a misconstrued idea of what this country is all about. Maybe I am wrong but isn't mixed branding what makes our country great? Don't we benefit from having other cultures in our country. You both sound boarder line prejudice, reminds me of a certain group that wants their country and their woman back. The military sure doesn't seem to have a problem with Japanese/American soldiers.

Dr_Sprocket 07-10-2010 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 245317)
You guys sound like salty Americans. If it bothers you so much make something happen. Your lucky someone's done something to represent our country at all. Yet you still complain, what gives. The only irony I see is you seem to have a misconstrued idea of what this country is all about. Maybe I am wrong but isn't mixed branding what makes our country great? Don't we benefit from having other cultures in our country. You both sound boarder line prejudice, reminds me of a certain group that wants their country and their woman back. The military sure doesn't seem to have a problem with Japanese/American soldiers.

You are so naive, there Mokester. I respect the guys from Erion for putting that team out there. I have no problem with Japanese-Americans. I do have a problem with JAPANESE who only come here for the money and then when the economy starts to head south, the take their ball and run home. That wasn't kosher when I was a kid, and it's still not kosher today. The problem I have isn't with the race crew. More power to them! The problem I have is the overlying Japanase logos (NOT Japanese-American!!!) on the American flag. If you don't have a problem with it, then, well...

acecycleins 07-10-2010 07:04 AM

You know, Doc, I've been studying the bike pretty good since this last post and I don't get it. The Stars are on top of the tank, the stars and stripes are on only a portion of the tank and all of the tailsection. Stars on the front fender but standard old school honda red and blue (like the old superbikes in the late 90s) on the nose. If the Honda logo were not so big would that do it for you? It's not covering (or overlaying) the flag itself. It's just a big 'ol logo on the tank. I think the designer made sure that the waving flag looked like it was a seperate design from the wing. Seems that the dude that did the graphics was careful not to intigrate the designs together, but to show the connection between the two by placing them as he did.
The only family member I have that has served in the modern military was my brother being a Marine in the 80s. I feel I'm a first rate conservative (ask Ken) that's proud of his patriotism. I feel that anyone that takes the time to burn the flag out of protest should equally be proud to take the public flogging for being an idiot.
In this case, however, I believe that the design is a good reflection of all the parties that are involved. Something tells me that if you took a survey from our warriors about the look of the bike there would be many that see the bike as Moke and I do vs the way you see it. UNLESS, your survey is filled with career guys that span 30 yrs back, then you might have allies. Just sayin........
So, when we all meet at Indy I'll buy the first round of beers and we'll take an informal survey to see if it's our misguided ideas or if you're being just a little too hard on the graphics designer for a job we think is well done. ;-)

lenzy01 07-10-2010 09:06 AM

This is the bike that Roger Lee Hayden will be riding in Moto2 at the Indianapolis GP. Hayden will be riding as a wildcard in a team headed by Kevin.:)

Dr_Sprocket 07-10-2010 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 245324)
In this case, however, I believe that the design is a good reflection of all the parties that are involved. Something tells me that if you took a survey from our warriors about the look of the bike there would be many that see the bike as Moke and I do vs the way you see it. UNLESS, your survey is filled with career guys that span 30 yrs back, then you might have allies. Just sayin........
So, when we all meet at Indy I'll buy the first round of beers and we'll take an informal survey to see if it's our misguided ideas or if you're being just a little too hard on the graphics designer for a job we think is well done. ;-)

I am now officially old. Please excuse me while I go stomp out a bag of flaming poop on my doorstep. Thanks.

(Has anyone seen my Motrin?)

The_AirHawk 07-10-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 245350)
I am now officially old. Please excuse me while I go stomp out a bag of flaming poop on my doorstep. Thanks.

(Has anyone seen my Motrin?)

It's right next to your Metamucil and Ensure......

MOKE1K 07-12-2010 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 245318)
You are so naive, there Mokester. I respect the guys from Erion for putting that team out there. I have no problem with Japanese-Americans. I do have a problem with JAPANESE who only come here for the money and then when the economy starts to head south, the take their ball and run home. That wasn't kosher when I was a kid, and it's still not kosher today. The problem I have isn't with the race crew. More power to them! The problem I have is the overlying Japanase logos (NOT Japanese-American!!!) on the American flag. If you don't have a problem with it, then, well...

What is so naive about a collaboration of efforts to inhance the experience of one motorcycle race thats held in America? I think your overreacting with your old ways of thinking. You sound like a grumpy old five star General.

As for taking the ball home, you act like Japan is moving everysingle American/Japanese based company out of the US? It's a wildcard entry at one race! And apparently not one motorcycle company originating from this country can compete with, not even your beloved Buell/Harley. So why cry about it? Seems your own country doesnt and hasnt cared at all about Grandprix racing. At least this group is showing some initiative and concern to fly our flag at all. Is it their fault that no American company can field a bike in this race. I think not. Thank goodness for Moriwaki having part in fielding this team. Iam sure no Japanese citizens have a problem with thier Japanese logo ontop the American flag. Those idividuals are most likely proud to be a part of this effort. Just gotta get off that high, oldass horse of yours,....General!

MOKE1K 07-12-2010 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 245324)
You know, Doc, Something tells me that if you took a survey from our warriors about the look of the bike there would be many that see the bike as Moke and I do vs the way you see it. UNLESS, your survey is filled with career guys that span 30 yrs back, then you might have allies. Just sayin........

Certainly dont take a poll at the race he will get mobbed and then probably stoned from the grandstands. Yet Iam naive....:D

MOKE1K 07-12-2010 07:50 AM

Here's your Erion patches Ace, Iam sure Doc will find some political reasoning behind this set of leathers like he did the bike.

Dr_Sprocket 07-12-2010 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 245418)
Here's your Erion patches Ace, Iam sure Doc will find some political reasoning behind this set of leathers like he did the bike.

I have no problem with these leathers as these leathers look nothing like the bike.

BTW, Moke. Did you ever serve time in the US military? No? I didn't think so.