Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/)
-   -   First one down! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/15584-first-one-down.html)

MOKE1K 06-20-2010 07:21 AM

First one down!

Ben Spies has secured his first Motogp podium on a stunning last lap pass on non other than Nicky Hayden. This makes it 4 fourth places finishes for Nicky. Great race today.

Awsome job Ben. This catapults him to seventh in the points, not bad for a rookie year.

MOKE1K 06-20-2010 08:37 AM

Pos. Rider Team Bike
1 Jorge Lorenzo Fiat Yamaha Yamaha
2 Andrea Dovizioso Repsol Honda Honda
3 Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha
4 Nicky Hayden Ducati Marlboro Ducati
5 Casey Stoner Ducati Marlboro Ducati
6 Randy De Puniet LCR Honda Honda
7 Marco Simoncelli San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda
8 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Honda
9 Colin Edwards II Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha
10 Aleix Espargaro Pramac Racing Ducati
11 Hector Barbera Paginas Amarillas Aspar Ducati
12 Alvaro Bautista Rizla Suzuki Suzuki
13 Mika Kallio Pramac Racing Ducati
From Superbikeplanet.

Kenneth_Moore 06-20-2010 09:49 AM

I was watching him hanging with the pack throughout the race; thinking he was going to do a great job by coming in 5th or. Jumping to 3rd though...the kid thought I was nuts, yelling at the Tee Vee like that.

If he's this good his rookie year, I can only imagine how cool next year will be. I suspect 'The Doctor" is going to become "The Patient" when Spies starts operating on him.

acecycleins 06-20-2010 03:27 PM

Nick has some weird karma this season. Racing great and can't get on the box. Way to go for Ben, though. He rode incredible. The guy that was riding at an insane pace was Stoner. Last to 5th. 3 more laps and he'd be on the box.

seruzawa 06-20-2010 05:55 PM

First year and he'll already be remembered more than that other AMA-SB guy... what was his name?

acecycleins 06-20-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 244102)
First year and he'll already be remembered more than that other AMA-SB guy... what was his name?

Colin? Cause Nick's racin' his a$$ of right now. Pretty good for a guy with a clutch issue and no front "feel".

MOKE1K 06-20-2010 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 244088)
I was watching him hanging with the pack throughout the race; thinking he was going to do a great job by coming in 5th or. Jumping to 3rd though...the kid thought I was nuts, yelling at the Tee Vee like that.

If he's this good his rookie year, I can only imagine how cool next year will be. I suspect 'The Doctor" is going to become "The Patient" when Spies starts operating on him.

I was concentrating so hard on Nicky I figured it would just be a bonus seeing Spies finish behind him. What truly made the pass happen is Nicky losing the drive out of the last few corners leading up to that fateful pass. I was yelling to!

MOKE1K 06-20-2010 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 244099)
Nick has some weird karma this season. Racing great and can't get on the box. Way to go for Ben, though. He rode incredible. The guy that was riding at an insane pace was Stoner. Last to 5th. 3 more laps and he'd be on the box.

After Stoner caught up to De Puniet I knew it was just a matter of how many laps were left. Fortunately I knew he wouldn't have enough for 2nd place:(

Third I wasn't so sure of, Casey was reminiscent of a many a men riding possesed. And although he was riding great, and not to take anything away from him, I prayed he would end up being a little late to the party.

Although Nicky has not gotten on the box yet, and yes he's rode his ass off. He has done what several established riders could not
he is accomplishing the impossible with the unrideable Ducati. Supposedly unrideable;)

Kenneth_Moore 06-21-2010 05:31 AM

WTF is wrong with Stoner? He totally botches the start, ****s around at the back, then, for no apparent reason, starts turning insane lap times?

Maybe he needs a year off in the Outback. Swing some of those Abo noisemakers and kill a few crocs.

MOKE1K 06-21-2010 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 244103)
Colin? Cause Nick's racin' his a$$ of right now. Pretty good for a guy with a clutch issue and no front "feel".

I had heard they figured out the front end problem?