Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 05-26-2010, 10:08 AM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Which is not a legal tune for the "Street". You should step off the racebike for a minute, and notice that about 98.75% of all Motorcycles ever made will never make it to this thing you call "The Track". Nor will 96% of the riders of those bikes that DO make it to "The Track" ever be able to utilize any "tuning" to make their bike spit and pop and flame out the exhaust on over-run.

Moke, lose the attitude that I "don't know WTF I'm talking about" - it's like Ken goin' off on Lush Rimjob and how every Right-leaner hangs on his every word. You know as much about it as I do; and you know what I wrote is true. I've always maintained that what's good for use at "The Track" is not necessarily good for Reality.
No, Dude. All racing mods are better for the street. So dump out that antifreeze now! And set up that constant loss ignition system. Don't forget the tires that last 500 miles. You be the shiznit yo AirDawg!

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #12
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You be the shiznit yo AirDawg!
Dude! Seriously?! I just about spit my juice all over my computer. First BrowingBAR and now you?

Old 05-26-2010, 08:24 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Dude! Seriously?! I just about spit my juice all over my computer. First BrowingBAR and now you?

Hey Holmes, you be stylin' wit' foot long flames out yo bikes @ss!
Old 05-27-2010, 07:15 AM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_AirHawk View Post
Which is not a legal tune for the "Street". You should step off the racebike for a minute, and notice that about 98.75% of all Motorcycles ever made will never make it to this thing you call "The Track". Nor will 96% of the riders of those bikes that DO make it to "The Track" ever be able to utilize any "tuning" to make their bike spit and pop and flame out the exhaust on over-run.

Moke, lose the attitude that I "don't know WTF I'm talking about" - it's like Ken goin' off on Lush Rimjob and how every Right-leaner hangs on his every word. You know as much about it as I do; and you know what I wrote is true. I've always maintained that what's good for use at "The Track" is not necessarily good for Reality.
Legal tune for thde street? Who are you my mother? Did I say anything about being legal for the street,...no.

I dont think I said anything about the street, you did. Its a picture on a track? Relax dont get your panties in a wad.

I really think your caught back in the 90's Airhawk. You seemingly dont realize with the introduction of trackdays how accessible they are and how many riders attend on a monthly basis. Have you ever been to a trackday,even just to watch and realize how many people actually show up, probably not. So do you really know what your talking about?

Your percentages are waaaay off brother, way off. In the late 80's early 90's there was no such thing as a trackday you had to race to get on a track. So maybe your numbers are are correct for that timeline
but not today. The last one I attended there were exactly 76 riders in the novice class, 57 riders in the intermediate class, and 12 riders in the expert class. These are numbers directly from rider registration.

Now onto the backfire, this is something that if I saw on the street I may tend to agree with you, after witnessing it of course. My version of it backfiring is not a foot long back fire. It's a small muffled
sound that pops a little and thats about it. No "KA-POW" just a muffled backfire.

I have also set bikes up like this on the Dynojet Dynomometer I worked on from 1996 to 1999. Its alot more common place today. Iv set my thousand up like this and I ride it on the street. At the rpms on the street it will not be as prevelent unless your way up in the rpms.

And listen bro if you dont want attitude dont be the proprietor, "Tuna yo"!

Last edited by MOKE1K : 05-27-2010 at 08:39 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:00 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Legal tune for thde street? Who are you my mother? Did I say anything about being legal for the street,...no.

I dont think I said anything about the street, you did. Its a picture on a track? Relax dont get your panties in a wad.

I really think your caught back in the 90's Airhawk. You seemingly dont realize with the advant of trackdays how accessible they are and how many riders attend on a monthly basis. Have you ever been to a trackday,even just to watch and realize how many people actually show up, probably not. So do you really know what your talking about?

Your percentages are waaaay off brother, way off. In the late 80's early 90's there was no such thing as a trackday you had to race to get on a track. So maybe your numbers are are correct for that timeline
but not today. The last one I attended there were exactly 76 riders in the novice class, 57 riders in the intermediate class, and 12 riders in the expert class. These are numbers directly from rider registration.

Now onto the backfire, this is something that if I saw on the street I may tend to agree with you, after witnessing it of course. My version of it backfiring is not a foot long back fire. It's a small muffled
sound that pops a little and thats about it. No "KA-POW" just a muffled backfire.

I have also set bikes up like this on the Dynojet Dynomometer I worked on from 1996 to 1999. Its alot more common place today. Iv set my thousand up like this and I ride it on the street. At the rpms on the street it will not be as prevelent unless your way up in the rpms.

And listen bro if you dont want attitude dont be the proprietor, "Tuna yo"!
You are near a track but 90% of people aren't. Then there's the costs. How many people are willing to pay for the track fees and the required intro school and a set of tires? You're talking nearly $800 to get on Miller's for your first track day. And then there's having to drain the anti-freeze, etc. And really, 75 people out of how many thousand sportbike owners show up? Now I do think more people should do track days too, but nearly $800 for your first day is substantial. It doesn't encourage participation.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:28 AM   #16
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
You are near a track but 90% of people aren't. Then there's the costs. How many people are willing to pay for the track fees and the required intro school and a set of tires? You're talking nearly $800 to get on Miller's for your first track day. And then there's having to drain the anti-freeze, etc. And really, 75 people out of how many thousand sportbike owners show up? Now I do think more people should do track days too, but nearly $800 for your first day is substantial. It doesn't encourage participation.
But there are ton of racetracks all across the U.S and there are tons of businesses that regularly hold these events?
The expense of doing a trackday I will not argue with, it is expensive. Excluding the leathers-which at the track I go to rents them-the bikes pretty much ready to go with exception of tape and removal of mirrors. As you know the tire's on these things are ready right out of the the cheap metal crates they arrived in.

Secondly most of the trackdays at least at my track do not require safty wiring, replacing coolant, or any of that in which you would be subject to when racing.

Anyway, the participation is directly reflected by its expense but some way these people are making it out their at least in my neck of the woods, and Im sure its happening around you aswell.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:37 AM   #17
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Obviously in Utah there is only one, but in Colorado theres three. Las Vegas has one. My closest track is three hours away, the next one is over three hours away. Sure you'll have to travel but it will be well worth it.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:11 AM   #18
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
But I did. Several discussions-ago. Like, when we first started this whole damn debate,.......... that I refuse to participate-in from this point, because on this particular subject - it's like talking to my Wife: Pointless.
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...

Last edited by The_AirHawk : 05-27-2010 at 10:14 AM.
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #19
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Hopefully she won't be reading your post?
Old 05-27-2010, 01:28 PM   #20
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

I'm eating a "Little Debbie" cake roll. They are AWESOME!