Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 04-22-2010, 09:45 PM   #1
doubledragoncc
Registered Member

Default New analog rider control and clutch perch

Hi guys. Just finished the new clutch perch and mini joystick housing for analog rider control in bike sims. Thought Id just let you have a peek before I build the brake side and install them. I have only 3 analog axis left on the main control board so I am making the left/clutch side with an X and Y axis analog joystick with center switch for main rider control. The right side will have a Y axis analog and center switch for view or whateva you want. I may make the right X axis be switchable from the clutch axis for those who dont use clutch or games that dont have a clutch option.

doubledragoncc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2010, 11:28 PM   #2
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Nice work. Man after me own heart what with all that 'lectrickery'n and machinin' of metal.......
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 06:07 AM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

The last post a couple of us asked if you'd worked out a counter-steering / lean angle input. Love what you're doing, that capability would really put your stuff ahead of everything else like it.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:39 AM   #4
doubledragoncc
Registered Member

Hi Kenneth, I did reply to the counter steering post. Here it is again, sorry if it comes over a bit strong, I am frustrated in trying to explain, costs and the fact that software has NEVER been written for such a controller as there are only gamepads out there. Maybe I can get the software houses to be more realistic. I am trying my best my friend.

K, guys, you are right about counter steering, I have ridden for over 30 years, 7 of which I was a medical courier in the UK. I KNOW how it is on a real bike, on a real road, with the forces of nature going on. Well now lets sit in a room, in a chair, on a stool or even the sit on version of my controls. whats happening, your looking at a screen, that's sitting still, the bikes on the screen are moving, but you are NOT!!!. OK first point. Second point, yes most NEW bike sims are with counter steering, BUT, now try sitting still and using that, BAM!!! your steereing the wrong way, Why? BECAUSE.......... its a game, no forces of nature happening to you so you cant use them!!! Third point, do you want to spend thousands on controls, fine, then I can do that too, but NOBODY has made anything close to this system for reality, and thats a fact, not even the Honda system, which is more for scooters can give the control and feeling this system does. You have to look outside of the box guys, be realistic. If you can make a better system then please try, but until you think about the reality of how you play a bike sim, you will make that mistake that everybody does. You CANNOT have a counter steering controller until you A: pay a lot more money and dedicate a whole room to the rig. B: The software companies stop programming for gamepads only!!!.

I have tested this system with friends that race bikes professionally and they can not believe how real it feels. I am unemployed and doing my best, but I cant pull a rabbit out of a hat. I hope to have some new videos soon that will show you it a lot better than me trying to explain why its built this way. I hope you look back in and see the updates soon.

Keep it the sunny side up guys.

Allan
doubledragoncc is offline   Reply With Quote