Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/index.php)
-   Motorcycle Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Rossi injured on dirt bike,... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14993)

MOKE1K 04-16-2010 03:32 PM

Rossi injured on dirt bike,...

Yamaha's Valentino Rossi Injured In Dirt Bike Crash
Whoops: Rossi Hits The Dirt And The Dirt Hits Him
by staff of Superbikeplanet.com

Friday, April 16, 2010
Reigning world champion Valentino Rossi joins his teammate Jorge Lorenzo on the 'recently bitten by a dirt bike' list. Rossi crashed his dirt bike yesterday in Italy and reportedly injured his back and shoulder in the fall.

Jorge Lorenzo damaged his right hand in a play-bike crash before the start of the 2010 MotoGP season.

Rossi reportedly has seen a medical professional and has been advised he'd done some serious bruising, but nothing else, and he should be able to ride the Japanese Grand Prix.

A number of riders have previously suffered injuries at the hand of a motocross bike, including Aaron Yates, Neil Hodgson, Nick Hayden, Tom Hayden and John Hopkins, among many others.

MOKE1K 04-16-2010 03:35 PM

I can see flat track style training, but when riders get hurt due to jumping, imo they risk to much. Not sure what Rossi was doing. Dam thought this might make things more exciting. Or maybe he really is hurt and just not saying anything, let the mind games begin,....

mscuddy 04-16-2010 03:41 PM

Damn dirt bikes. Killers I tell you! Let me tell you about the time me and Malcom Smith hit head-on after...

MOKE1K 04-16-2010 04:12 PM

Most of the training Iv done with the dirt is on my DRZ125 flat track style.

They have ruined a few roadracers careers,..

sarnali2 04-17-2010 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 239740)
Most of the training Iv done with the dirt is on my DRZ125 flat track style.

They have ruined a few roadracers careers,..

no wonder you're so slow, 125's are for girls!

MOKE1K 04-17-2010 09:16 AM

Hey now?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 239755)
no wonder you're so slow, 125's are for girls!

I would pay money to see you on a fifty! A great past time at the last shop I worked at. You'd really be amazed at how you can transfer things you learn from a small bike to a bike. It definitely taugh me how to slide and not panic once the tire(s) start to break loose.

Could you even fit on a fifty at your age?

The_AirHawk 04-17-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 239761)
I would pay money to see you on a fifty! A great past time at the last shop I worked at. You'd really be amazed at how you can transfer things you learn from a small bike to a bike. It definitely taugh me how to slide and not panic once the tire(s) start to break loose.

Could you even fit on a fifty at your age?

I don't believe that "age" will have any affect on Snarli's ability to "fit" on a fiddy.........

MOKE1K 04-17-2010 11:20 AM

Uh,...Iam 6ft tall at 160lbs and even I had trouble at first fitting my feet on the pegs through turns. Love to see him try.

sarnali2 04-17-2010 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 239767)
Uh,...Iam 6ft tall at 160lbs and even I had trouble at first fitting my feet on the pegs through turns. Love to see him try.

Well I'm afraid you won't get the chance. I was just f-bombin' with you about the 125 you know, I started racing on a 100 when I was 10 and you're right learning your skills on a small bike in the dirt is the best way. everything from throttle and RPM management to weight distribution and sliding.

MOKE1K 04-17-2010 02:13 PM

I know Sar, sure would make for a good picture though. Anybody own a fiddy that lives near Sarnail2.