Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/)
-   -   It's time,... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/14949-its-time.html)

MOKE1K 04-11-2010 04:05 PM

It's time,...

Pos. Rider Team Bike
1 Valentino Rossi Fiat Yamaha Yamaha
2 Jorge Lorenzo Fiat Yamaha Yamaha
3 Andrea Dovizioso Repsol Honda Honda
4 Nicky Hayden Ducati Marlboro Ducati
5 Ben Spies Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha
6 Randy De Puniet LCR Honda Honda
7 Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda Honda
8 Colin Edwards II Tech 3 Yamaha Yamaha
9 Loris Capirossi Rizla Suzuki Suzuki
10 Hiroshi Aoyama Interwetten Honda MotoGP Honda
11 Marco Simoncelli San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda
12 Hector Barbera Paginas Amarillas Aspar Ducati
13 Marco Melandri San Carlo Honda Gresini Honda

Great race under the lights in Qatar this evening. After a lackluster start race favorite Casey Stoner crashed on the brakes after controlling the lead for a couple of laps.

With Rossi in tow and Hayden latching on in third. The surprise was Dani Pedrosa on the Honda, he stormed out into the lead before Casy took over and looked to be a real threat on the newly affixed Ohlins Honda until he started going backwards and eventually settled in behind Randy De Puniet. There seems to be a long way to go for Dani's make or break year this year.

Nicky Hayden seems to have figured out the new 2010 Ducati at least for Qatar and proved that tonight. Running in third almost the entire race.

Ben Spies seemed to just keep moving up the rostrum until he secured the fifth spot in the finishing order. Not bad for a guy who collects key chains. His first race finish is a great accomplishment and hopefully he looks to improve on that this year Iam sure.

longride 04-11-2010 04:41 PM

Nicky fourth! Cool!

cloud9 04-11-2010 05:33 PM

No post race interviews was a bit strange, under the lights was sweet, one minute stoner is in the lead the next blink of an eye rossi was at the helm.

I'd love to see Ben mix it up with Nicky and a few of the front runners, even if it's only for a few corners. Shame Nicky couldn't get a podium spot.

MOKE1K 04-11-2010 05:55 PM

Nicky was very impressive tonight. This will definitely give our rider alot more confidence going into the next round. One thing that seem's to be true about the guy is his work ethic, and it's starting to pay off.

MOKE1K 04-11-2010 07:41 PM

MOKE1K 04-11-2010 07:45 PM

Nicky killin it!

Kenneth_Moore 04-12-2010 07:10 AM

Nice shot of Ben there Mokester!

There's something wrong with Stoner...I mean the guy had the race in his pocket and he crashes out? He needs to leave the old lady at home and focus on his work. Handing the race to Vally-Boy is inexcusable.

Hayden...almost kinda sorta was in there...but not really. As soon as it got to the last laps he got passed like a picked egg fart at Denny's.

Spies at #5 at his first "real" race? Awesome, and he's just going to get better and better.

trenttheuncatchable 04-12-2010 08:55 AM

Nicky got passed, but then came back (he actually passed Dovizioso again) and was in third, up until the last straight. Dovizioso beat him by 0.011 seconds. So I kinda sorta disagree with the "not really" part of your statement, Ken.

MOKE1K 04-12-2010 09:44 AM

Yeah Nicky made another push and did repass Divizioso. As soon as that happened I bet Nicky was thinking about the two times Divo took him out last year, probably settled for third but neither accounted for Lorenzo.

With about seven to go I noticed Hayden would have to keep Lorenzo behind him which was going to be hard.

acecycleins 04-12-2010 01:35 PM

Nick had a great race. Held Rossi until at least lap 14-15. Hung in there 'til the end. Too bad Dovi got past him but .011 isn't really a staggering gap. Ben had a great start, too. Looks like we will see American's in the top 8 most of the season. Finally, great GP racing is back.