Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 03-25-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default What if....

So, I was talking to a NASCAR buddy when the subject came up about road courses. Apparently, the Nationwide (Busch) series will be heading to Rd America this season. This got us wondering if there could be a double header weekend. More than that really, what if you can run Supers in a double (race 1 @ 1pm split by Nascar practice then 4pm for race 2) on Saturday and Daytona bikes before the Sunday Nascar event?
Not that everyone would agree, but cross marketing the two events together would seem like a plus for the AMA.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

It might work but sometimes those heavy cars hammer up the pavement which would not be good for a bike.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 03-25-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
It might work but sometimes those heavy cars hammer up the pavement which would not be good for a bike.
I like the idea of cross-selling, but I'd bet the higher-ups of both organizations wouldn't think so. They probably want all of the spotlight.

As far as the pavement issue, those cars really tore up the track at Daytona, for sure!
Old 03-25-2010, 04:33 PM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member

I believe that there are two or three instances a season where this could happen. Infineon and Rd America are two, but it sure would be a site to see them big ol cars barrelling around Barber in September.
As for track wear: Sportscars run road courses every weekend practically. Outside of marbles when you run wide I think it would be fine. Take the jet dryer out to blow the track right before the races.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

The AMA ran a flattrack race in Joliet the same weekend NASCAR was there a few years back. I went and it was decently attended, but I'm not sure how much it helped.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Sometimes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I remember the back section at Indianpolis Raceway Park going into the praking lot section. Dubbed that because of the painted lines that ran parallel with the track. The pavement was so rippled from cars braking so heavily that it was almost impossible to settle the suspension enough to pick a turn in point.

On a bike,...forget it. It felt as if I were on a supercross track in the freackin whoop section.

Last edited by MOKE1K : 03-25-2010 at 06:24 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote