Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/)
-   -   To no Surprise,... (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/14626-no-surprise.html)

MOKE1K 03-05-2010 09:05 PM

Herrin wins Daytona!

Yamaha's Josh Herrin a regular at my local home track has won the Daytona 200 for 2010. As everyone knows when your essentially racing an endurance race the order of riders can seem a bit confusing because of the NASCAR style pitstops. Retaining the ban of hydraulic stands the Yamaha pits where needless to say,spot on with the excpetion of a hugh fuel Refueling problem with Yamaha rider T. Aquino.This is the top three finishers....Oh just for the record Melissa kicked arse

1. J. Herrin Yamaha
2. D. Wesby Yamaha
3. S. Rapp Ducati

Wonder if Eslicks wishin for more displacement?

Dr_Sprocket 03-06-2010 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 236287)
Yamaha's Josh Herrin a regular at my local home track has won the Daytona 200 for 2010. As everyone knows when your essentially racing an endurance race the order of riders can seem a bit confusing because of the NASCAR style pitstops. Retaining the ban of hydraulic stands the Yamaha pits where needless to say,spot on with the excpetion of a hugh fuel Refueling problem with Yamaha rider T. Aquino.This is the top three finishers....Oh just for the record Melissa kicked arse

1. J. Herrin Yamaha
2. D. Wesby Yamaha
3. S. Rapp Ducati

Wonder if Eslicks wishin for more displacement?

I watched until I couldn't watch any longer. Man, I was tired at 10:45 pm (DST) and they were only half way through!!! At that point the gal was in 11th. What's up with such a late start?!

The top 6-8 was tight for a while. After that... zzzzzzzzz. There is tooooo much of a difference between the top 8 and the rest. It was apparent to me from last night that AMA is on life support.

acecycleins 03-08-2010 08:31 AM

Too bad Melissa crashed out with 10 to go. She go up into the top 10. Actually, I like herrin but wish Rapp would have won it on the 848.

Kenneth_Moore 03-08-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 236291)
I watched until I couldn't watch any longer. Man, I was tired at 10:45 pm (DST) and they were only half way through!!! At that point the gal was in 11th. What's up with such a late start?!

So true...

It was a great idea to move the race from Sunday afternoon when most people were heading home, although that never kept me from going. It might be an ok idea to run it in the evening or early night. But to "start" at 8, and not even get the thing going by 9? F'ing nuts, just stupid. If they want to get some attendance at the track, they should run it Friday afternoon at 4 or 5 so people coming for just the races can leave work and arrive in time. And have a rain-delay day with the same start time on Saturday.

acecycleins 03-08-2010 10:36 AM

I think they should start the 200 at 630pm. Right after sunset. They televised it at 9pm but it started an hour earlier. 8pm is fine, but still too late for an endurance race. If they do all the pre-race crap at 6pm and start the warm-up lap when the sun falls behind the banking then we'd have a little something something.

MOKE1K 03-08-2010 02:23 PM

They should just go back to running it in the day time.

12er 03-09-2010 09:57 AM

My DVR didnt care what time it started.

Kenneth_Moore 03-09-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 12er (Post 236464)
My DVR didnt care what time it started.

Your buttcheeks would have cared if they'd been sitting on those cold, cold, cold metal seats. Brrrr...

longride 03-09-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore (Post 236465)
Your buttcheeks would have cared if they'd been sitting on those cold, cold, cold metal seats. Brrrr...

I don't think you know the definition of 'cold'. ;-)

Kenneth_Moore 03-09-2010 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 236466)
I don't think you know the definition of 'cold'. ;-)

1 kelvin = -272.15 degrees Celsius