Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 02-28-2010, 05:56 AM   #1
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Default Girl doesn't finish last!

Paola Cazzola didn't finish last in the first WSS race. Here are the results (from www.worldsbk.com):

Phillip Island Supersport - Race
Sunday, 28 February 2010 06:15

1 50 Laverty E. (IRL) Honda CBR600RR 33'37.836 (166,536 kph)
2 26 Lascorz J. (ESP) Kawasaki ZX-6R 4.359
3 54 Sofuoglu K. (TUR) Honda CBR600RR 4.500
4 25 Salom D. (ESP) Triumph Daytona 675 11.779
5 99 Foret F. (FRA) Kawasaki ZX-6R 17.266
6 55 Roccoli M. (ITA) Honda CBR600RR 25.034
7 127 Harms R. (DEN) Honda CBR600RR 27.834
8 40 DiSalvo J. (USA) Triumph Daytona 675 30.102
9 117 Praia M. (POR) Honda CBR600RR 31.931
10 4 Rea G. (GBR) Honda CBR600RR 31.991
11 37 Fujiwara K. (JPN) Kawasaki ZX-6R 40.552
12 7 Davies C. (GBR) Triumph Daytona 675 40.556
13 16 Charpentier S. (FRA) Triumph Daytona 675 1'28.553
14 33 Cazzola P. (ITA) Honda CBR600RR
15 9 Dell'Omo D. (ITA) Honda CBR600RR
RET 51 Pirro M. (ITA) Honda CBR600RR
RET 5 Lundh A. (SWE) Honda CBR600RR

The question now is, what should become of the guys who finished behind her?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2010, 06:04 AM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Paola Cazzola didn't finish last"

So are they clearing her spot in the MC Hall of Fame yet? They have Danica's spot ready! I didn't know not finishing last was such a fantastic achievement. Since you didn't watch that race either, how would you kow what to do with anyone that raced in it? Oh, you are 'experto' is how!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:08 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

I don't know much beyond the fact that any of those WSS racers are a lot better than anyone talking about them.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:11 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
I don't know much beyond the fact that any of those WSS racers are a lot better than anyone talking about them.
So only people that are better than them can talk about them? What will the networks do with all the announcers and commentators then?

Announcer: "So Jimmy, how do you think Laverty is doing so far in the race??"

Commentator: "Well, I can't really comment on him, becuase he was always better than me. I can talk about the 10th place guy though because I could beat his ass! Want to hear about him?"

Announcer: " I have to check with the statisticians on that before you say anything. Give me a few minutes to check it out and I'll let you do it ONLY if you were better than him, get it?'

Commentator: " I understand perfectly!"

Last edited by longride : 02-28-2010 at 06:15 AM.
longride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 06:15 AM   #5
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"Paola Cazzola didn't finish last"

So are they clearing her spot in the MC Hall of Fame yet? They have Danica's spot ready! I didn't know not finishing last was such a fantastic achievement. Since you didn't watch that race either, how would you kow what to do with anyone that raced in it? Oh, you are 'experto' is how!
Please tell me, my good man, what do you think of the men that finished behind her. Should they lose their rides? Should the be dropped off on a deserted island?
Old 02-28-2010, 06:19 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
Please tell me, my good man, what do you think of the men that finished behind her. Should they lose their rides? Should the be dropped off on a deserted island?
I already told you that you are the expert, and since I am an idiot that only had an uncle that did something 50 years ago, why would you listen to anything I had to say anyway?
Old 02-28-2010, 06:20 AM   #7
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
I already told you that you are the expert, and since I am an idiot that only had an uncle that did something 50 years ago, why would you listen to anything I had to say anyway?
C'mon, man! Be serious.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:24 AM   #8
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
C'mon, man! Be serious.
I'm semi serious. I never saw the race. I have no idea how she did, nor do I know how anyone else did, so why would I comment on something I didn't see? I did see Danica's screw up though, and I know why it happened. As for this race, I didn't see it. maybe the chick ran pretty good and had bad luck, and maybe she wasn't very good to begin with, but I think the attention to someone that 'didn't finish last' is unwarranted at best, don't you?
Old 02-28-2010, 06:28 AM   #9
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
I'm semi serious. I never saw the race. I have no idea how she did, nor do I know how anyone else did, so why would I comment on something I didn't see? I did see Danica's screw up though, and I know why it happened. As for this race, I didn't see it. maybe the chick ran pretty good and had bad luck, and maybe she wasn't very good to begin with, but I think the attention to someone that 'didn't finish last' is unwarranted at best, don't you?
I believe (opinion) that anything this monumental (woman in a traditionally dominated man's sport) warrants coverage. I (opinion) expected her to finish last. IMHO, motorcycle racing takes greater upper body strength, versus stock car racing, and women have less upper body strength. She may have more upper body strength than me, but at that level...
Old 02-28-2010, 07:15 AM   #10
acecycleins
Founding Member

Props to the girl. They don't give "world" seats to just anybody. She must have had a pretty decent am-pro start to even be considered. Could be a Danica thing, but still possible she did it on merit. Melissa Paris has an R6 ready to race the season in Supersport. I think she'll have a pretty reasonable season. Last season had moments of real promise in the club racing level. I think it's time the AMA had a new reason to watch. They could use the break.