Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/)
-   -   Girl doesn't finish last! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/14571-girl-doesnt-finish-last.html)

Dr_Sprocket 02-28-2010 05:56 AM

Girl doesn't finish last!

Paola Cazzola didn't finish last in the first WSS race. Here are the results (from www.worldsbk.com):

Phillip Island Supersport - Race
Sunday, 28 February 2010 06:15

1 50 Laverty E. (IRL) Honda CBR600RR 33'37.836 (166,536 kph)
2 26 Lascorz J. (ESP) Kawasaki ZX-6R 4.359
3 54 Sofuoglu K. (TUR) Honda CBR600RR 4.500
4 25 Salom D. (ESP) Triumph Daytona 675 11.779
5 99 Foret F. (FRA) Kawasaki ZX-6R 17.266
6 55 Roccoli M. (ITA) Honda CBR600RR 25.034
7 127 Harms R. (DEN) Honda CBR600RR 27.834
8 40 DiSalvo J. (USA) Triumph Daytona 675 30.102
9 117 Praia M. (POR) Honda CBR600RR 31.931
10 4 Rea G. (GBR) Honda CBR600RR 31.991
11 37 Fujiwara K. (JPN) Kawasaki ZX-6R 40.552
12 7 Davies C. (GBR) Triumph Daytona 675 40.556
13 16 Charpentier S. (FRA) Triumph Daytona 675 1'28.553
14 33 Cazzola P. (ITA) Honda CBR600RR
15 9 Dell'Omo D. (ITA) Honda CBR600RR
RET 51 Pirro M. (ITA) Honda CBR600RR
RET 5 Lundh A. (SWE) Honda CBR600RR

The question now is, what should become of the guys who finished behind her?

longride 02-28-2010 06:04 AM

"Paola Cazzola didn't finish last"

So are they clearing her spot in the MC Hall of Fame yet? They have Danica's spot ready! I didn't know not finishing last was such a fantastic achievement. Since you didn't watch that race either, how would you kow what to do with anyone that raced in it? Oh, you are 'experto' is how!

seruzawa 02-28-2010 06:08 AM

I don't know much beyond the fact that any of those WSS racers are a lot better than anyone talking about them.

longride 02-28-2010 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 235866)
I don't know much beyond the fact that any of those WSS racers are a lot better than anyone talking about them.

So only people that are better than them can talk about them? What will the networks do with all the announcers and commentators then?

Announcer: "So Jimmy, how do you think Laverty is doing so far in the race??"

Commentator: "Well, I can't really comment on him, becuase he was always better than me. I can talk about the 10th place guy though because I could beat his ass! Want to hear about him?"

Announcer: " I have to check with the statisticians on that before you say anything. Give me a few minutes to check it out and I'll let you do it ONLY if you were better than him, get it?'

Commentator: " I understand perfectly!"

Dr_Sprocket 02-28-2010 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 235863)
"Paola Cazzola didn't finish last"

So are they clearing her spot in the MC Hall of Fame yet? They have Danica's spot ready! I didn't know not finishing last was such a fantastic achievement. Since you didn't watch that race either, how would you kow what to do with anyone that raced in it? Oh, you are 'experto' is how!

Please tell me, my good man, what do you think of the men that finished behind her. Should they lose their rides? Should the be dropped off on a deserted island?

longride 02-28-2010 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 235870)
Please tell me, my good man, what do you think of the men that finished behind her. Should they lose their rides? Should the be dropped off on a deserted island?

I already told you that you are the expert, and since I am an idiot that only had an uncle that did something 50 years ago, why would you listen to anything I had to say anyway?

Dr_Sprocket 02-28-2010 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 235873)
I already told you that you are the expert, and since I am an idiot that only had an uncle that did something 50 years ago, why would you listen to anything I had to say anyway?

C'mon, man! Be serious.

longride 02-28-2010 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 235875)
C'mon, man! Be serious.

I'm semi serious. I never saw the race. I have no idea how she did, nor do I know how anyone else did, so why would I comment on something I didn't see? I did see Danica's screw up though, and I know why it happened. As for this race, I didn't see it. maybe the chick ran pretty good and had bad luck, and maybe she wasn't very good to begin with, but I think the attention to someone that 'didn't finish last' is unwarranted at best, don't you?

Dr_Sprocket 02-28-2010 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longride (Post 235876)
I'm semi serious. I never saw the race. I have no idea how she did, nor do I know how anyone else did, so why would I comment on something I didn't see? I did see Danica's screw up though, and I know why it happened. As for this race, I didn't see it. maybe the chick ran pretty good and had bad luck, and maybe she wasn't very good to begin with, but I think the attention to someone that 'didn't finish last' is unwarranted at best, don't you?

I believe (opinion) that anything this monumental (woman in a traditionally dominated man's sport) warrants coverage. I (opinion) expected her to finish last. IMHO, motorcycle racing takes greater upper body strength, versus stock car racing, and women have less upper body strength. She may have more upper body strength than me, but at that level...

acecycleins 02-28-2010 07:15 AM

Props to the girl. They don't give "world" seats to just anybody. She must have had a pretty decent am-pro start to even be considered. Could be a Danica thing, but still possible she did it on merit. Melissa Paris has an R6 ready to race the season in Supersport. I think she'll have a pretty reasonable season. Last season had moments of real promise in the club racing level. I think it's time the AMA had a new reason to watch. They could use the break.