The good ol days,... for you Seruzawa.

Soup :: 1982 Laguna Seca Champion 200 Images # 2

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Damn, that Z1000 looks like my '81 KZ750. Those were the most business-like unbreakable motorcycles every produced. My KZ had a 880cc kit with big valves and bored out caarbs, KH cam, Kerker, S&W Shocks & Pro Tech damper rods in the phorks. And it just went by on my street"....WHOOSH..."

Never sell stuff like that to a neighbor...
Old 02-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #3
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Not quite the 60'z but for my era, oldschool. I didnt start riding until age 19. My family had no ties with motorcycles whatsoever.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:16 PM   #4
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Would have love to race the Kawasaki triple!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:32 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
Would have love to race the Kawasaki triple!!!
I hope you aren't referring to the MachIII or MachIV. You would be hard pressed to find a worse more dangerous handling motorcycle. A friend of mine had a MachIV (750 triple) with ported cylinders, expansion chambers, etc. Imagine putting an engine in a Flexy Flyer that made 100 hp in the most unpleasant manner possible. 5Hp up to 5000 rpm and then 105hp at 5001 rpm. Yikes!!

I don't miss the old bikes that much. Way too many pre-90 motorcycles handled like shyt. And too many 70s bikes..... well they are best remembered not ridden. The Japanese thought that stiffening a frame simply meant welding on more bracing tubes. The Honda SOHC 750 may have been a truly ground breaking motorcycle but it was heavy heavy heavy. The defunct British bikes were much lighter and handled better. One thing that seems to have disappeared from today's market, aside from sport bikes, is any attention on weight reduction. Manufacturers seem to delight in making road bikes as heavy as possible. We now call 700 pound bikes "sport tourers". Such an idea would have been met with derisive laughter 20 years ago. Now people accept such nonsense with straight faces.

I do miss an era where one at least had a hope of competing on a reasonable budget.

Last edited by seruzawa : 02-11-2010 at 06:44 AM.
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #6
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I'v ridden two 500's before and your absolutly right, but back then unless you had a British bike you wouldnt have know the difference.

The hayday's must have been awsome to experience, I know I would have loved to be riding back then. Ring! RRRing! RRRRRRRing