Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/)
-   -   Imola Wsbk (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/13249-imola-wsbk.html)

seruzawa 09-28-2009 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 224940)
And let me guess your probably one of those 300,000 people watching the toliet bowl racing. Its not pretending its call love for the sport.

Probably the best thing for you to do now is to piss off.

Kenneth_Moore 09-28-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 224940)
Iv been to AMA races and have never seen only 1000 people.

That's an outrage! There were at least 1,200 people at the last Daytona 200!

MOKE1K 09-28-2009 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 224942)
Probably the best thing for you to do now is to piss off.

Guess Iam right then!

seruzawa 09-28-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 224947)
Guess Iam right then!

Oh yes. You are absolutely right. You bet. Now just leave me alone. Last warning.

MOKE1K 09-28-2009 02:51 PM

Typical, only when your up to debat something, then its ok. If you dont have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all! Everything I post your always ranting, but only when you want, I get it. If you hate the racing so much then dont post in the thread. Simple.

MOKE1K 09-28-2009 02:58 PM

Spies reflects,...
 
Spies Reflects On A Sunday In Italy
by dean adams of Superbikeplanet
Monday, September 28, 2009
Reigning US Superbike champion Ben Spies didn't have a great Imola race day, but he feels the situation isn't as bad as some fear.

He sounded out the day:

"Honestly, it was - for how we felt, and just all the
kind of crap that happened, it was a good day. The results weren't there. The first race, we kind of shot ourself in the foot with the electronics. In the first couple gears, we really only had about 70% throttle, and it was, man, it was like riding the 600 against those Ducatis and Aprilias. We already give up a little acceleration to them, coming off the corner. It just wasn't any better. In the second race, we changed the bike a little bit. I tried some different stuff, and made some gains. But by the time I finally got my head out of my ass in riding, we got past Byrne, and Simoncelli had got past me, and I made a couple mistakes and was catching those two. They had a bit of contact, and when Biaggi came back on the track, I had nowhere to go, and it was either hit him or go in the gravel and start paddling. We did that, and Byrne got back by. Put the head down, and pretty much, I think, from then on, most of the time I was the fastest guy on the track. Caught Byrne within another lap. I don't know what happened on the braking zone, but I think he braked pretty early and I braked at my normal brake spot, and came up on him and almost hit him. It was either hit him or run straight, and I had to go through the grass again. I had to regroup. I knew I really didn't - that wasn't a mistake, just the closing speed was too drastic. So I really didn't panic too much. I knew I could get back by him. I started closing on Biaggi and Simoncelli and could definitely see all the guys coming back to me. I just didn't have enough time. Like I said, it was a good thing Fabrizio won. Haga was second. With how many people that could run the pace we ran today, after the first race, if you'd have said we'd only be losing by three points, I'd have taken that, for sure. I'm pretty happy with it. Because we definitely were on our back foot at this track, on our bike. We've had some tracks where our bike's worked really good, and we knew coming here it was going to be kind of a Kyalami-like issue. They were going to be strong, and there wasn't anything we could do about it. So we go to Magny-Cours and Portugal. I really think the bike's going to work well at those tracks. Give it 110% and go for it."

Spies said the pre-race premonition he had that Imola is a 'Ducati track' feels like it came true. "It's not an excuse, at all," he said. "I rode, again, as hard as I could. If you look at the past year, you look at how the bikes were - the Aprilias and the Ducatis, the Aprilia's kind of not really a four-cylinder, not really a twin. It's kind of like a GP bike. It's a good package. And the Ducati, any place you go to that's bumpy and has low grip, just the way the Ducati's built, it's going to be better than most of the bikes.

"That's what it comes down to. Valencia, Kyalami and here, they've definitely got an advantage. We've got advantages at other tracks. Miller, the bike worked good. Qatar it worked good. Phillip Island. Portugal it's going to work really good. And I think Magny-Cours. I haven't been there, but I think, besides the two first-gear corners, I think the bike's going to be strong there. So yeah, like I said, I knew it coming in. I said it. But that didn't stop me from trying to beat them, but we just knew we were going to have to really have all our stuff together to do it. I think we did a good job. We lost the championship lead, but we still got - basically, we got four races to go, so we got plenty. We got 100 points on the table."

The race two incident with Biaggi is one that could have cost him a chance at the title. He gives a first person of what it was like from inside his helmet: "I saw Simoncelli going up the inside, and I was like, "Okay. This could be good. He could run Biaggi wide and I could go right by." And then I saw Biaggi kind of stand it up, and I was like, "Sh*t." Because I knew exactly what was going to happen, that he was going to make some of the left, stand it up, have to go through the gravel, and then that will not let him turn back right to make, really, the turn; and right when he's coming on the track, that's where I'm going to be. And I was already committed into the left, so it's not like I could grab the brakes and slow down more and wait on him. I had to roll through at the speed I was at, or I'm going to lose the front, in either corner. So as soon as I knew he got run wide, but he was going to make the corner, but the right side he was going to go through the gravel trap, I was like, "I'm screwed." I knew it. But then, it was to the point of, "Can I stay right next to him and stay on the track, or am I going to have to go in the gravel?" And like I said, there was probably a 10% chance that I could've made it work and stayed on the track and just stayed right next to him, but there was probably a 90% chance that the first thing that touched his left ass-cheek was my brake lever, and I would've been straight down. So I just had to be smart about it and live to fight another day. We got four races left, and it's going to be good."

seruzawa 09-28-2009 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 224949)
Typical, only when your up to debat something, then its ok. If you dont have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all! Everything I post your always ranting, but only when you want, I get it. If you hate the racing so much then dont post in the thread. Simple.

Nothing you just said makes any sense. I just don't feel like arguing with someone who misduplicates every communication. Have a nice day.

The_AirHawk 09-30-2009 08:38 AM

If he had "taken his ball home", YOU'D be Kpaul #2.

Know when to Step Off, Man.

MOKE1K 09-30-2009 10:17 AM

Like I said, If you dont have anything nice to say,...
Its just a race report thread? Iam not the one telling people to piss off for no reason. Oh, wait hes allowed, I forgot.

longride 09-30-2009 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 224963)
Nothing you just said makes any sense. I just don't feel like arguing with someone who misduplicates every communication. Have a nice day.

Remember what we said when KP was around? 'He got ya!' Pounding your head against the wall will be more productive.....and hurt your head less too! :p


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:39 AM.