Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 07-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #11
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Maybe we can add you. Nothing like a drama queen to add to the excitement.

Nuff said.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-30-2009, 05:08 PM   #12
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride
Whatsa matter Ken, don't like Liberals??
Not that; he just doesn't like "McCain Republicans"..............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:29 PM   #13
mugwump58
Registered Member

I thought Matt had lost interest at the last race.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:10 PM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Hackers Out Too!!!

Hacking Out, Too
we're told he won't race at kansas
by evan williams
Friday, July 31, 2009
We're told by sources close to Jamie Hacking that the three-time AMA champion has decided not to race this weekend in Kansas.

Jamie rode this morning before making his decision. He was third in the Daytona Sport Bike championship.

Hacking has been one of the stronger safety advocates in his time on the US racing scene.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:41 PM   #15
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool Go Ahead Lr- Have At It,...

Mladin Statement On Heartland Park
Friday, July 31, 2009
This just in from Mat Mladin:

Due to safety concerns I will not compete in this weekend's round of the AMA Superbike championship in Topeka.

It is important to note that Topeka is a newly sanctioned round on the championship schedule. It is also important to note that Topeka has made changes to the track, but unfortunately, as is the case too many times, the track approval process was flawed and we arrived at a facility that was not ready for our caliber of competition.

This is 2009, and the days of showing up to race tracks that we know nothing about and have not been allowed to test at because of the AMA/DMG new rules regarding our testing are raising serious safety issues.

We race 200hp motorcycles where with constant development, the brakes, the tires, the chassis, the engines and the complete package as a whole gets faster every year. With this development the corner speeds and straight line speeds get faster and faster. With these extra speeds the margin of safety gets much smaller if the racetracks are not made safer.

We go to a few venues that still have some safety issues, but many of these venues have made vast improvements over the past few years. Sanctioning new venues with numerous safety flaws is just plain ridiculous.

Why do people have to get hurt seriously or worse before a racetrack is made safe before adding it to our National Championship schedule?

The adage of "they are going to make changes" doesn't cut it after someone has hit a concrete wall.

With acceptance of these new venues with obvious safety flaws, the bar has been dropped in regards to safety, opening the door to many other circuits that are not acceptable or fit for racing modern day motorcycles.

I will never accept the lowering of safety standards for the sake of a few people making money. It is the young kids, the future of the sport that will bear the brunt of the worst of this. One day, the teams and riders need to come together for the well being of each other.

Last but not least, I thank my fans for their continual support over the years. Without you, none of this racing is possible, and I'm very upset about not having a safe platform to put on a show for you guys this weekend, but I also know that none of you want to see me busted up in the bottom of a concrete wall or ten foot deep ditch. I look forward to seeing you all at VIR in two weeks.

Regards
Mat
Old 07-31-2009, 02:08 PM   #16
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K
This just in from Mat Mladin:

1)Due to safety concerns I will not compete in this weekend's round of the AMA Superbike championship in Topeka.

2)We race 200hp motorcycles where with constant development, the brakes, the tires, the chassis, the engines and the complete package as a whole gets faster every year. With this development the corner speeds and straight line speeds get faster and faster. With these extra speeds the margin of safety gets much smaller if the racetracks are not made safer.

3)Why do people have to get hurt seriously or worse before a racetrack is made safe before adding it to our National Championship schedule?

Regards
Mat
1-OK.

2-Get DMG/NASBIKE to give you a restrictor-plate, and all will be well.......

3-Is it any different when people get hurt at "safe" tracks?
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:22 PM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

I'm kinda surprised that Mat's missive doesn't use the royal "We" instead of "I".
seruzawa is offline   Reply With Quote