Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 04-14-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
BYURIder
Banned

Default Buells To Gain Weight for Next AMA Race

"The dominant Buell 1125s just got a little bit heavier, thanks to a new competition bulletin issued today by AMA Pro Racing.

The Buells, which have won three of the five rounds of the Daytona Sportbike class in the hands of Danny Eslick, now have to weight 380 pounds - and not the 365 pounds they were allowed to run in the first five races." Read More

Last edited by BYURIder : 04-14-2009 at 10:25 PM.
BYURIder is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-14-2009, 10:26 PM   #2
BYURIder
Banned

This should help to even the odds
BYURIder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:34 AM   #3
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

As predicted by some very astute MO posters. We knew the Big 4 wouldn't stand for the Buell winning. "We'll take our bikes and go home." No one's complaining that the other Buell or the larger displacement Aprilia is middling (in the middle of the pack). Where is the groundswell of detractors demanding weight be added to the Aprilia? Hypocrites!

So why isn't there a big movement against Suzuki in the Superbike class, since you're having the same rider/bike win all the time?!
Old 04-15-2009, 05:09 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"So why isn't there a big movement against Suzuki in the Superbike class, since you're having the same rider/bike win all the time?!"

There is a huge movement with that Pulley, and all of it has been away from any AMA racetrack. Ever see the attendence at an AMA road race? People there are so glad when someone else actually shows up.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:34 AM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool What a joke

I like what they are trying to do overall in the AMA but to change the rules mid way through the season, thats a joke. So what, if the Buell keeps winning races are they going to keep adding weight? I never liked this match up from the begining that should have been the only time alotted to change something. You know before the season starts!
Dooooh?
Old 04-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #6
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket View Post
As predicted by some very astute MO posters. We knew the Big 4 wouldn't stand for the Buell winning. "We'll take our bikes and go home." No one's complaining that the other Buell or the larger displacement Aprilia is middling (in the middle of the pack). Where is the groundswell of detractors demanding weight be added to the Aprilia? Hypocrites!

So why isn't there a big movement against Suzuki in the Superbike class, since you're having the same rider/bike win all the time?!
I agree with your first statment and think all the twins in that class should have weight added if the Buells have to. The reason they dont do any rule changes to the Suzuki in superbike is because they dont need any special regulations like the Buells do. The Harley has never been able to compete against the Japanese Factories, unless we put them with the six hundreds?
Old 04-15-2009, 09:02 AM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
IThe reason they dont do any rule changes to the Suzuki in superbike is because they dont need any special regulations like the Buells do.
Ha ha ha. No special rules? Tee hee hee. The rules are byzantine and have been setup especially for the Big4's particular benefit. All racing is based on special rules. Racing has always been this way. The golden rule: He who has the gold makes the rules.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:30 AM   #8
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

The rules Iam refering to are the same ones that would allow for a bigger displacment to be raced against a seemingly unmatched compairision, like the 600's. Besides if you dominate and follow rules
and win all the time is that reason for punishment? I guess in your book it is.

Duhamels been their just as long as Mladin, how come he cant beat him? Imo people just whine because no one can beat the Suzuki team. The DMG was supposed to stop his dominance and have failed, why? cause hes that good, sure he should have moved on but he hasent so what.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #9
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"...cause hes that good, sure he should have moved on but he hasent so what."

Then you hurt him with rules until his does move on. It doesn't really matter where, but Mladin has to go before the series can move forward.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #10
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"...cause hes that good, sure he should have moved on but he hasent so what."

Then you hurt him with rules until his does move on. It doesn't really matter where, but Mladin has to go before the series can move forward.
So how do you single him out and not hurt anyone else in the process?
I agree that he should have moved on but he hasent. Dont see why someone doesnt just step up and take it from him,...like Ben has done. If anything I think Mladins a great stepping stone and tutor for our American riders to catapult them onto the world stage and succeed.
Like Ben has.

Also I think riders like Nicky and Hopper made the move too quickly. They would have been better off staying in the AMA and going against Mladin more, then maybe they would have done better now? Who knows just my 2!