Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 04-16-2009, 07:31 AM   #31
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Actually they are the same with the excpetion of the parts..."

So they are the same with differences? Didn't MJ complain loudly to the AMA that his bikes were not competitive because the factory uses many parts on their bikes that they don't make available to privateers?

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-16-2009, 08:32 AM   #32
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

The conversation was if there where any "bikes" that the factories can get that a privateer cannot. The answer is no anyone can buy the bikes, its the parts and the means to make the motor stronger than most privateers could ever wish for. You know , R&D is what makes the difference.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:59 AM   #33
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

The DMG, has made all those parts available,...if you have the money.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:07 AM   #34
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
The DMG, has made all those parts available,...if you have the money.

I thought you couldn't bolt on skill?

Anyway it's more than just parts it's making all of them work together as a package and that's what takes the massive budget and endless hours of fine tuning, most privateers don't have the time and rescourses to commit to the same lengths that a factory backed team has.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:22 AM   #35
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I thought you couldn't bolt on skill?

Anyway it's more than just parts it's making all of them work together as a package and that's what takes the massive budget and endless hours of fine tuning, most privateers don't have the time and rescourses to commit to the same lengths that a factory backed team has.
Well if you believe just because you have one off parts thats going to make you faster or win, your mistaken.

I think what your speaking of is R&D.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #36
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I think they should just make the riders heavier. It would be a lot cheaper to force a dozen donuts down the Buell rider rather than force them to make mechanical changes.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:16 AM   #37
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I think they should just make the riders heavier. It would be a lot cheaper to force a dozen donuts down the Buell rider rather than force them to make mechanical changes.
That's the funniest thing I've read in a race post in months.

Moke- if Corse parts are "given" to Corse teams they will certainly have an advantage over the competition that are buying those parts. Why? Because Corse teams R&D is 10x higher than that of a privateer. Furthermore, some of those Corse parts are developed with rider in mind. Hacking and Hayden ride similarly. When developing those Corse parts Kawi knows that they are intended for specific riders because those riders are the ones with input for development. If Joe Privateer uses a part in a bike that was designed with input from a Corse rider, but that privateer is a different size or weight wouldn't those parts respond differently to the privateer- if he can even afford the parts? Did you notice how well that "kid" that was racing RL's Attack Kawi did as a sub? If he raced a privateer ZX in those races would he have done as well? I believe the answer to that question would undoubtedly be-NO.
DMG was wise to ask for specialty parts to be released to privateers. MJ Suzuki certainly took advantage of the new rules for Yates and May, but Picotte racing or any other Suzuki rider probably aren't/can't afford MJ's deal with Gemini Racings R&D and engine building. Their R&D consist of testing dates and finding the best bang for the buck shop to build motors and suspensions.
That's just for the Daytona class, though. American Superbike is a little different. Yosh has a handle on the class. And has had in the past 6 years a stranglehold in superbike. DMG tried to level the field. Only- it backfired. Mat is racing as well as ever. Young and T Hayden are right there, too. Yates and May have had great Superstock bikes for two full seasons- Now that ASBK rules are similar to last years 'Stock rules the differences between MJ's bikes and Yosh's bikes may be too miniscule to worry about. So, Mat's talent has him cleaning everyone's clock. Without Mat, however, DMG would have a show instead of a parade. Mat is clearly the AMA version of Bayliss. Uncompromised racer that expects to win every time he steps on the track. Problem is Mat makes for boring racing. DMG tried to fix it and like I said earlier it backfired.
Rd ATL was a shell of attendance compaired to the Big Kahuna Nationals in the spring of 2002.
As a supporter of the DMG method and a AMA Pro Racing fan I am sad for the sorry state of competition in roadracing. I can only wish that Mr Barber convences the WSBK organization to come south during next season. Maybe, I'll blow off all AMA events next yr and save my vendor fees for that.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #38
SportCEnthusiast
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Ahh.. It would take to long using donuts. Lets just let a new weight gain protein shake producer sponsor ‘um. That do the trick!
SportCEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:58 AM   #39
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

[quote=acecycleins;210627]That's the funniest thing I've read in a race post in months.

Moke- if Corse parts are "given" to Corse teams they will certainly have an advantage over the competition that are buying those parts. Why? Because Corse teams R&D is 10x higher than that of a privateer. /QUOTE]

Ah,....I think thats what I'v been saying??? As for Superbike the reason they have a strangle hold is because they have done it for so many years and they are very good at it. I believe their only competition was Factory Honda until they bailed out on the American Honda team and left all the R&D to be done here in US.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:45 AM   #40
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cardenas Wins Saturday Barber Daytona SportBike
margin of victory was .666 over teammate
by staff
Saturday, May 02, 2009
Pos. Rider Team Bike
1 Martin Cardenas M4 Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R600
2 Jason DiSalvo M4 Suzuki Suzuki GSX-R600
3 Jamie Hacking Monster Energy Attack Kawasaki Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
4 Josh Herrin Team Graves Yamaha Yamaha YZF-R6