Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/)
-   -   Buells To Gain Weight for Next AMA Race (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/11581-buells-gain-weight-for-next-ama-race.html)

seruzawa 04-15-2009 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 210497)
PERSONAL? I dont even know you that well bro? Besides I think its well known alot of people ride twins and triples. AMA never ignored that fact ever, they have always raced a twins class for as long as I can remember?

Please give me an example of a bike only factories had available? Compairing classes based on hp is way better an option than displacment that your right about.

Hackings'. Mladins'. etc.

Dr_Sprocket 04-15-2009 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 210513)
So this is what I had original known, its just about the money. There is no models that Factories have that privateer cant race. Thats the same way its been forever. If you have the money and the talent you can win.

As usual... he who has the money holds the crown. FWIW, I'm rooting for Eslick and the Buell contingent(and Aprilia, for that matter).

MOKE1K 04-15-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 210517)
Hackings'. Mladins'. etc.

I could buy either of those bikes? Actually have the Suzuki? I think its the resources & parts your thinking of?

seruzawa 04-15-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 210531)
I could buy either of those bikes? Actually have the Suzuki? I think its the resources & parts your thinking of?

Duh. They may look the same on the outside.

The_AirHawk 04-15-2009 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 210515)
Haydens doing well finacially but he still finished down in 12th and if he doesn't start producing results he may look like Melandri did last year at the end of the season.

That's Absolutely Right! Can him NOW !

........... 'cuz he hasn't sealed the Championship by the end of the first race on a new bike (with an engine-configuration he's never wielded in anger), new team.................

MOKE1K 04-15-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_AirHawk (Post 210543)
That's Absolutely Right! Can him NOW !

........... 'cuz he hasn't sealed the Championship by the end of the first race on a new bike (with an engine-configuration he's never wielded in anger), new team.................

I was answering a statement from buzglds response, so please dont take it out of context, I certainly dont think its over for Hayden thats for sure. Its a long season and I hope he gets everything on track. But you have to admit even though they havent tested much due to cutbacks in Mtogp, Hayden has yet to show some competitive times. Sure test times are not everything but when he's down in 10th or worse, it gets ya worried. I really though he would come out swinging this year until I read he didnt feel comfortable yet and his times show it. Hopefully his injurys heal before the next round so he kicks some ass!!

MOKE1K 04-15-2009 06:03 PM

And your a moderator?

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 210535)
Duh. They may look the same on the outside.

Actually they are the same with the excpetion of the parts and the way the Factory utilizes and builds the engines in them. Rules are going to limit what you can and cant do obviously, so the difference is not many privateers can for example, blueprint and engine or have thousands of parts accessible to even do that job. Have unlimited dyno testing, Data aqusition, track testing, two bikes, a ventran mechanic, unlimited tires, shall I continue,...."thats the difference" between a privateers bike and a factory bike. There have been riders in the past that have beaten Factory bikes but they are few a far between.

seruzawa 04-15-2009 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOKE1K (Post 210550)
Actually they are the same with the excpetion of the parts and the way the Factory utilizes and builds the engines in them. .

That's all, eh?

Fenton 04-15-2009 09:07 PM

I won the lotto and want to donate some of these ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' to the tread if anyone would like to use them.

acecycleins 04-16-2009 06:08 AM

Moke- Corse supplied motors ARE different than streetbike motors. So your response about buying and racing bikes that are the same as Corse bikes is factually incorrect. A privateer may purchase the same expensive parts that the Corse teams sell, but it's unlikely becasue of cost. Ask Miguel if I'm right about that since he rode a privateer Suzuki in the 200 and placed well down the order.

About Hayden and his 12th: Dude- he had a vicious 130mph highside on the same day his bike sprung an oil leak. Finishing 12th and posting his best time of the weekend on the last lap of the race shows the boy has grit and determination. If you look at the facts as they are he finished testing in pretty good shape for a bike that had less than 120 laps during testing season. Give him three races and he'll be in the top five. Two more and he'll get on the box. In Ducati's four stroke GP history there have only been a few riders that have figured out how to ride the bike. When Nicky came along the entire design changed. He'll adapt for sure.