Old 04-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #1
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool 50 Wins For Mladin?

The Case Of The Missing Two Seconds
road atl qualifying goes to mladin
by evan williams
Saturday, April 04, 2009
If there was ever any doubt about who the series' number one contender was going into the Road Atlanta weekend, Mat Mladin qualified over 1.6 seconds faster than the field on Friday.

After Superpole, Mladin said there was more time in it, but the conditions kept him from getting one side of the tire heated on the primarily right-turning Road Atlanta circuit. Why risk pitching it to the moon when you're way out front?

Those that feel the 2009 rules have created more parity in the series have taken a setback once again -- at least to this stage of the weekend. Mladin's rivals are basically looking for two seconds per lap.

In the early stages of the Saturday morning session, the Australian was more than a second out in front of the field once again.

If one of the Rockstar Makita Suzuki riders wins today it will be 50 Superbike wins in a row for the team.

For a mere 59 grand, Yoshimura is selling the bike at the end of the weekend.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-12-2009, 07:36 AM   #2
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Finally I was able to watch the Road Atlanta Round of the Superbike bike class and what a slaughter. Mladin had a 10sec gap on the entire field. And from the finishing order it didnt look that much different from last years results, even after the DMG. I think its funny people thought things would be different in this Superbike class. Its not, and that kind of tells you the caliber of this Suzuki team.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:55 AM   #3
Buzglyd
Founding Member

In related news: Kramer kicks the crap out of every 10 year old in his karate class.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"If one of the Rockstar Makita Suzuki riders wins today it will be 50 Superbike wins in a row for the team."

Which is why AMA racing sucks the big one.
Old 04-12-2009, 11:19 AM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

AMA you mean DMG dont ya? Well thats two regulatory bodies that have failed to stop Mladin.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #6
motorcyclemaniac
Registered Member

Mladin is incredible. Two years ago at Miller he highsided bad on the first lap of the second race. The red flagged it, he ran back to the pits and the mechanics quickly fixed his bike. He went back out on the restart from the back of the grid and ended up finishing 4th. He was so exhausted when he came back in that he passed out from exhaustion. It was insane.
He may not be the best at PR but he is an incredible rider. I would just like to see him ride at world level to see how he would do.
Just my 2 cents
motorcyclemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #7
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclemaniac View Post
Mladin is incredible. Two years ago at Miller he highsided bad on the first lap of the second race. The red flagged it, he ran back to the pits and the mechanics quickly fixed his bike. He went back out on the restart from the back of the grid and ended up finishing 4th. He was so exhausted when he came back in that he passed out from exhaustion. It was insane.
He may not be the best at PR but he is an incredible rider. I would just like to see him ride at world level to see how he would do.
Just my 2 cents
Is that you, KP!! You know you're just saying that to get at Longride! C'mon... you can admit it.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #8
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool It'll never happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorcyclemaniac View Post
Just my 2 cents

He wouldnt get hired at the world level, too old.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:34 AM   #9
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
He wouldnt get hired at the world level, too old.
Actually, he never really got hired at the world level because he was never good enough. didn't stop him from acting like an asshat though.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:50 AM   #10
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Yeah, Cagiva had him for a year, I think?