Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 04-02-2009, 07:09 AM   #1
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default The Next Big Thing

Seems there's a drive for a new series. Would be a pretty cool series if it is a "real" world event. Doing a series that travels to the best tracks in the world would attract much more attention.

Soup :: What Is World Moto Clash? :: 04-01-2009

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2009, 07:11 AM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

But then again it could all just be part of yesterdays yankers- Like those poor NASCAR fans that got taken by Car & Driver. BA-HA!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:28 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Good idea. A free for all. Nothing better than a wide open series that isn't heavily polititcked and rule twisted at the behest of whoever has the most back room influence.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:57 AM   #4
acecycleins
Founding Member

It's really a pretty cool name. Seems like you could market it, too. The only support class would be for Super Karts.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #5
pplassm
Founding Member

They should make them ride some dirt, too. Superbikers return!
Old 04-02-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

What about a tirathlon- unlimited superbikes / unlimited SM / Super Karts. ALL classes race two days. Each have a timed Superpole. You could make the races 100km for SB, 50km SM, 75km for SK.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #7
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

At least I can remember when the AMA series had all the types of races and all the racers had to do them to become a champion. You had to do Mile, Half-Mile, Shorttrack, and TT in the dirt, and the run the road races too. Those were the glory days of AMA which was back in the 60's and 70's. You could just wander into the pits after the race and chat with all the racers. It was pretty cool talking with D!ck Mann, Kenny Roberts, Cal Rayborn, Dave Aldana, Gary Nixon, Mark Brelsford, and many many more. I still go to the dirt races, but it just ain't the same.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #8
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
At least I can remember when the AMA series had all the types of races and all the racers had to do them to become a champion. You had to do Mile, Half-Mile, Shorttrack, and TT in the dirt, and the run the road races too. Those were the glory days of AMA which was back in the 60's and 70's. You could just wander into the pits after the race and chat with all the racers. It was pretty cool talking with D!ck Mann, Kenny Roberts, Cal Rayborn, Dave Aldana, Gary Nixon, Mark Brelsford, and many many more. I still go to the dirt races, but it just ain't the same.
Yeah. I haven't seen a couple of drunks fight it out in the stands in years.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #9
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Yeah. I haven't seen a couple of drunks fight it out in the stands in years.
The drunks could have had a nice fistfight at the Miller AMA Road Race last year, but that would have required more than one fan showing up.
Old 04-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #10
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
The drunks could have had a nice fistfight at the Miller AMA Road Race last year, but that would have required more than one fan showing up.
SO- now that MMP is a WSBK only event you think that there will be two fans?