Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 03-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
RedRaider
Banned

Default Buell success in Daytona Sportbike over?

After watching the highlights of the Fontana races for the first time today, my predictions about the Buell unfair cc advantage were correct. The Buell could accelerate out of the corners quicker with it's torque advantage and it's higher top-end horsepower was apparent on the banked long stratights similar to what happened at Daytona. Now that the series moves on to, as Matt Mladin correctly puts it, proper race tracts like Atlanta, Barber, etc. I think the Buell advantages will be offset by the superior high corner speed and agility of the Japanese Supersports. I was afraid the Daytona Sportbike races would become a two class affair like the American Lemans series races where multiple classes are on the same track at the same time. If that indeed turns out to be the case the Buell performances will be irrelevant because the real close racing will be among the 600 supersports thus the Buell will be all by itself. The 600 supersport race was indeed a joke with only a handful of young riders. DMG is such a joke. I can see why World Superbike won't be at Millers the same time as the AMA series. The AMA should admit admit the mistake and move to WSB rules.
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"After watching the highlights of the Fontana races for the first time today, my predictions about the Buell unfair cc advantage were correct."

Score another one for Socko! Still 100% after all these years. I'm sure you were correct because after you change your prediction 12 times, you pretty much covered all the angles. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
pdad13
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
"After watching the highlights of the Fontana races for the first time today, my predictions about the Buell unfair cc advantage were correct."

Score another one for Socko! Still 100% after all these years. I'm sure you were correct because after you change your prediction 12 times, you pretty much covered all the angles. Keep up the good work!
Some things never change, eh?
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:35 PM   #4
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

This, coming from a person who's never seen Barber or Atlanta except from the comfort of their own couch, nor even thrown a leg over any of the bikes they're "expert" on.............
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 02:43 AM   #5
mugwump58
Registered Member

Heavy sigh.....
Old 04-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

Soup :: Buell: Some People Want Special Rules"! The Nerve of People Who Want Special Rules! :: 04-02-2009

Looks like the Buells run crate motors- Danny's interview was great but this was the best part:
"The fact is that a privateer racer on a street bike beat the Japanese factories' barely disguised race bikes, and I'm proud of that," Buell said. "As an ex-privateer racer, who personally experienced dealing with never having equipment comparable to what the factory guys had, this is a great moment. It also proves that Buell's American innovations like the ZTL front brake, underslung exhaust, and fuel in the frame work as well on the track as they do on the street."
Old 04-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Soup :: Buell: Some People Want Special Rules"! The Nerve of People Who Want Special Rules! :: 04-02-2009

Looks like the Buells run crate motors- Danny's interview was great but this was the best part:
"The fact is that a privateer racer on a street bike beat the Japanese factories' barely disguised race bikes, and I'm proud of that," Buell said. "As an ex-privateer racer, who personally experienced dealing with never having equipment comparable to what the factory guys had, this is a great moment. It also proves that Buell's American innovations like the ZTL front brake, underslung exhaust, and fuel in the frame work as well on the track as they do on the street."
Watch the Big4 threaten to drop out of the series entirely.

At least, like he said, the Buell is the same bike you can buy tomorrow from a dealer. You can never own a bike like Hacking's. Never.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #8
RedRaider
Banned

Default Suzuki Mladin vs Buell Danny boy

Ok I think Suzuki should challenge Buell. Mladin on a stock 750 and Danny on the stock Buell. Bet Mladin wins 10 out of 10 times.
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member

Funny thing is the article stated the only thing they really did was re-program the CPU for the new pipe. If that's the case I wonder what the Aprilia's do? I wish that some brave KTM dealer would hire Matt Lynn to race the SuperDuke. All it needs is the belly pan to be race legal- right? Miguel needs a ride. Isn't there ANY team interested in a good Superstock racer and a great (albeit old) Superbike racer?
Old 04-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #10
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Ok I think Suzuki should challenge Buell. Mladin on a stock 750 and Danny on the stock Buell. Bet Mladin wins 10 out of 10 times.
Eslick's never been a Superbike racer. Pit Tommy on the Zook and you got a race. If you put Mat on a 750 and could get Eric Bostrom (to quit growing mango long enough) to run a 6 yo Kawi ZX7- Boz would beat Mat hands down.

Hacking is irked because he is losing to a bike that is slower in the splits. Hacking, also, has a decade of racing on Danny. He may just be a little bitter about the young kid showing him up. It's Hacking's Championship to lose. He's the most experienced Supersport racer on the deck. Rules are not favorable to the inline4 bikes anymore. Let the whine resume.