Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 03-24-2009, 10:47 AM   #1
speedchannel
Registered Member

Exclamation New Weekly Moto Racing Show on SPEED

Ready for some excitement? YouTube - The Fastest Motorcycles and Craziest Crashes Are Right He...

AMA Pro Primetime features flag-to-flag coverage of every 2009 AMA Pro American Superbike and AMA Pro Daytona SportBike race, and coverage of other AMA Pro Road Racing divisions. Get the action every week! Show Link

This week: Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California (Saturday, March 28th at 10pm ET, only on SPEED!)
speedchannel is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
pushrod
Founding Member

Hmmmm

The Good News: Motorcycle programming on The Nascar Channel.

Bad News: It airs at 4AM and 10PM, both times Eastern.

Which begs the question, where did they get the name "AMA Pro Prime Time?"

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
RedRaider
Banned

Thanks I'll program my Comcast DVR with that. Unfortunately my cable provider Comcast doesn't offer Speed HD. You can't have everything I guess
RedRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
12er
Founding Member

Ah the crappy show channel that once was Speed. It sure would be nice to watch racing on it again... But knew that would happen when it was bought and ruined. So sad.

So far this season I saw the superbike race at daytona (12 or 1am sunday morning) and while home sick yesterday I watched the world supersport around 11am on a Monday. Very convenient...
12er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:56 PM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedchannel View Post
Ready for some excitement? YouTube - The Fastest Motorcycles and Craziest Crashes Are Right He...

AMA Pro Primetime features flag-to-flag coverage of every 2009 AMA Pro American Superbike and AMA Pro Daytona SportBike race, and coverage of other AMA Pro Road Racing divisions. Get the action every week! Show Link

This week: Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, California (Saturday, March 28th at 10pm ET, only on SPEED!)
Are you a reputable source we can file complaints with, as to how speed channel is doing things these days, or what?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:41 AM   #6
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedchannel View Post

Hey Speed Geek- What the hell is with the new format? Bring back Two Wheel Tuesday. Let Greg and Bob host a show that's two hours at 7pm. The first half hour can be all the fluff- industry news, personal interest and such. The rest can be all the racing recaps and highlights. The Stunt Boys can take over at 9pm. Then at 10pm show the best race of the weekend in its entirety.
The Saturday night show is a joke right. If I am home Saturday I don't get control of a TV anywhere in the house. Kids, Kids Friends and the Wifey- yeah, how likely is it that I would get to watch what I want. It's bad enough that we don't get to watch the damn races same day. But to insult an entire segment of viewers by airing the races a week or better later is a joke. Sustaining viewers will be tough.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:15 AM   #7
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Thanks I'll program my Comcast DVR with that. Unfortunately my cable provider Comcast doesn't offer Speed HD. You can't have everything I guess
Was this a (not especially subtle) sideways dig at inferring that you're the only one here able to afford "HD", and would have it but for the fact your Superior ISP/CP does not offer this channel in premium format?

Dude, you are so f'n pathetic.

"He who dies with the most toys is still a rotting corpse."
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:51 AM   #8
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider View Post
Maybe they don't offer it to gifted equestrian athletes. Comcast has been offering Speed Channel HD to the rest of their subscribers for months.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:11 PM   #9
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Maybe they don't offer it to gifted equestrian athletes. Comcast has been offering Speed Channel HD to the rest of their subscribers for months.
He's right. Here in ATL Comcast doesn't offer Speed HD. Not in the 'burbs. We're just stuck he in low-res hell.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:53 PM   #10
pushrod
Founding Member

Who cares if you can watch Harley Davidsons on TV?

NASCARvision was bad enough. Now you're telling me there is a Speed channel for HDs?

Whoop-de-freakin'-doo!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote