Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Racing (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/)
-   -   Spies! Spies! Spies! (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-racing/11113-spies-spies-spies.html)

seruzawa 03-17-2009 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 207409)
Alas! I was hoping for so much more from Corser, Xaus and the BMW team. Looks like Ben's been doing his homework. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to see more that just the Big 4 on the results board.

So Ducati and Aprilia are chopped liver?

MOKE1K 03-17-2009 08:59 AM

The next set of tracks on the schedual will put Spies to the test for sure. Places like Assen, Donnington, Nurburgring. Kind of wondering after a year in Wsbk and getting to know the tracks what V.Rossi and motogp will hold for Ben Spies?

MOKE1K 03-17-2009 10:50 AM

Man just got finished watching both rounds at Losail, Hagas gotta be asking himself if moving to Ducati was the right choice. Bens controlling the race with a 3sec gap? Simply amazing! Making the big boys look little. Go Ben!

longride 03-17-2009 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GSXRWolf (Post 207436)
Mat knows he couldn't beat Ben consistantly? He told you this? I doubt it!

Of course Mat didn't tell us this, the reality did. Let's look at Spies' record since 2006:

·2008 - Champion - AMA Superbike, with 10 wins and eight additional podiums
·2007 - Champion - AMA Superbike, with seven wins and 12 additional podiums
·2007 - Champion - AMA Superstock, with seven wins
·2006 - Champion - AMA Superbike, with 10 wins and seven additional podiums

Now, please list all the championships Mat has won since 2006 and we can compare. Mat Mladin is nothing but a loser if a real racer stays in AMA. He can only beat has-been's, never-was's, and never-will-bee's. Oh, I forgot to mention he's a complete a$$hat on top of it.

acecycleins 03-17-2009 12:13 PM

Moke- Mat is past his prime. His team doesn't get to play with "special" parts anymore. I've met Mat. I've watched him race for a decade. I've seen enough of him to know that his ability to run fast is limited to the team he's on. Put him on the R1 or the ZX10 and I'd bet steaks he's third or fourth best at that point. I'm not saying he's a quitter, but he's damn well a crybaby when he doesn't get his way. Old rules are gone. Technical advantage is gone. Mat's heart isn't in it anymore. He's become so full of himself that he's barely tolerable. He hates the new rules, but he won't turn down the money. So, do real riders ride (like Nicky taking less to ride the Duc vs the ck he would have gotten for the Parmac seat) for the love and the spirit of the race? Or do they ride for the check (like Mat) and whine because they can't race the way they want- all the while knowing they (he- Mat) couldn't get a seat in ANY other National/International series for similar money or any for that matter?
Mat's here for 1 reason and no other. It's not about racing for the spirit of the race anymore. It's all about the cash. Otherwise, he would have passed on the paycheck this season and sat out in protest like he said he'd do at the end of last season.
Mat's a poser. His heart's cold with racing this season. Other than the money why would he race? He has nothing to prove. He should have stuck to his guns and stayed home. It wasn't pride or even the threat from American Suzuki that he'd violate his contract. He has money. He could afford to sit.

longride 03-17-2009 01:19 PM

"I've met Mat."

I'm sorry.

Dr_Sprocket 03-17-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seruzawa (Post 207464)
So Ducati and Aprilia are chopped liver?

It should have read:

"I can't tell you how refreshing it is to see more than just the Big 4 on the results board."

I'm all for Ducati, Aprilia, BMW or any other manufacturer that wants to step up to the plate. I had a feeling the Aprilia would be good, but wished the BMW would've done better. Oh, well!

MOKE1K 03-17-2009 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acecycleins (Post 207503)
Moke- Mat is past his prime. His team doesn't get to play with "special" parts anymore. I've met Mat. I've watched him race for a decade. I've seen enough of him to know that his ability to run fast is limited to the team he's on. Put him on the R1 or the ZX10 and I'd bet steaks he's third or fourth best at that point. I'm not saying he's a quitter, but he's damn well a crybaby when he doesn't get his way. Old rules are gone. Technical advantage is gone. Mat's heart isn't in it anymore. He's become so full of himself that he's barely tolerable. He hates the new rules, but he won't turn down the money. So, do real riders ride (like Nicky taking less to ride the Duc vs the ck he would have gotten for the Parmac seat) for the love and the spirit of the race? Or do they ride for the check (like Mat) and whine because they can't race the way they want- all the while knowing they (he- Mat) couldn't get a seat in ANY other National/International series for similar money or any for that matter?
Mat's here for 1 reason and no other. It's not about racing for the spirit of the race anymore. It's all about the cash. Otherwise, he would have passed on the paycheck this season and sat out in protest like he said he'd do at the end of last season.
Mat's a poser. His heart's cold with racing this season. Other than the money why would he race? He has nothing to prove. He should have stuck to his guns and stayed home. It wasn't pride or even the threat from American Suzuki that he'd violate his contract. He has money. He could afford to sit.

Hey Ace, its not like I dont appreciate your insight into Mat Mladin and Iam glad that your so close to the action so to speak, but isn't this Thread about Ben Spies?

I mean if you want my opinion theres alot of assholes in racing
thats nothing new. Only time will tell how well he does, or doesn't do. Personally I think hes out just to win under the new regime and rub it in their face. Who knows, who cares I just want to see em race!

MOKE1K 03-17-2009 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Sprocket (Post 207527)
It should have read:

"I can't tell you how refreshing it is to see more than just the Big 4 on the results board."

I'm all for Ducati, Aprilia, BMW or any other manufacturer that wants to step up to the plate. I had a feeling the Aprilia would be good, but wished the BMW would've done better. Oh, well!

Saw Corser running strong in the 2nd round in 4th place?