Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 01-26-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
GSXRWolf
Founding Member

Default Mladin rides again!

American Suzuki has announced they'll be racing Superbike in 2009.

Mat Mladin, Tommy Hayden and Blake Young will all be riding for the Rockstar Makita Suzuki Racing Team.
GSXRWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2009, 05:17 AM   #2
acecycleins
Founding Member

Sorry LR- I knew Mat was racing weeks ago, but my inside guy swore me to secrecy. Funny how the man that stated he would never race under the DMG rules suddenly isn't his own boss or is he? I figure that once he figured out how to earn even more money that he changed his mind. Mat's checks probably equal what the bottom 15 in the WSBK grid make combine. It is pretty obscene what he pulls in a year.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

The best race I ever saw was the Daytona 200 when Mladin and Duhamel traded the lead almost every lap, ending with Duhamel winning by a fraction of a second at the end of the race. Everyone in the stands was on their feet the entire race. In that race Mladin was the new guy and Duhamel the veteran...
Old 01-27-2009, 05:38 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

If the bikes are more equal this year, Mat will be an also-ran. Nothing will warm my heart more than watching him busting his ass and coming in off the podium. I want to hear the interview after the race and hear all his excuses. Should be a fun year. Mladin was the worst thing that ever happened to AMA racing. He never moved up to face a real challenge, yet somehow held a very high opinion of himself.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:14 AM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
If the bikes are more equal this year, Mat will be an also-ran. Nothing will warm my heart more than watching him busting his ass and coming in off the podium. I want to hear the interview after the race and hear all his excuses. Should be a fun year. Mladin was the worst thing that ever happened to AMA racing. He never moved up to face a real challenge, yet somehow held a very high opinion of himself.
AWSOME NEWS! Thanks for holding out on us Ace, thought we were a community here? j/k! It will be nice to see the out come with Mladin, either way it goes its sure to be entertaining, personally I suspect he might shut some people up.But if he doesn't Iam sure their will be some drama.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:15 AM   #6
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Suzuki Will Run Three Riders In '09 Superbike
mladin to run number seven
by staff
Monday, January 26, 2009
This just in from Suzuki:

American Suzuki Announces its Support for Road Racing in 2009

BREA, Calif. (Jan. 26, 2009) - American Suzuki Motor Corporation announced today that the Rockstar Makita Suzuki Racing team will compete in the AMA Pro Racing Superbike series for 2009. After extensive discussions with AMA Pro Racing, American Suzuki has received clarification of the AMA rules that will see the Suzuki GSX-R1000 sportbike on the racing grid beginning with the opening round in Daytona, Fla., in March.

Road racing is an important activity for Suzuki at the professional and amateur levels. The manufacturer uses it as much for testing and development as for sales and marketing. Its championship winning heritage and class-leading sales prove that this competitive activity is beneficial for Suzuki as well.

Mat Mladin, six-time AMA Superbike Champion, will race his No. 7 Suzuki GSX-R1000 in the premier AMA Pro American Superbike class for Team Rockstar Makita Suzuki. Tommy Hayden will race his No. 22 Rockstar Makita Suzuki GSX-R1000 in the same class. New team member Blake Young will round out the three-man Rockstar Makita Suzuki team in the AMA Pro American Superbike class.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:30 AM   #7
seruzawa
The Toad

There has never been a shortage of professional racers who are also major jerks. Mladin is simply one in a long parade and I don't really care about that. What I do care about is that under the AMA the Superbike series became the most boring racing series in human history. The local Formula V races(bone stock VW engines) were 10 time more entertaining. Go-Kart races are more entertaining. 8 years olds racing on 50s are more entertaining. Olympic Curling is more entertaining. Heck, it's still hard to find anything better than the Flattrack.

I just hope the new rules inject some excitement and if Matt wins again so be it. I don't really care that much who wins (as long as Honda loses, heh heh). Just don't put me to sleep again.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:19 AM   #8
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I just got my son's little league roster in my email and Mat's on our team this year!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:26 AM   #9
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I just got my son's little league roster in my email and Mat's on our team this year!
Dam* cherry picker!!!! LR was right all along!

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #10
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
There has never been a shortage of professional racers who are also major jerks. Mladin is simply one in a long parade and I don't really care about that. What I do care about is that under the AMA the Superbike series became the most boring racing series in human history. The local Formula V races(bone stock VW engines) were 10 time more entertaining. Go-Kart races are more entertaining. 8 years olds racing on 50s are more entertaining. Olympic Curling is more entertaining. Heck, it's still hard to find anything better than the Flattrack.

I just hope the new rules inject some excitement and if Matt wins again so be it. I don't really care that much who wins (as long as Honda loses, heh heh). Just don't put me to sleep again.

I usually refrain from judging people I have never met. If you have seruzawa, then maybe this doesnt apply to you. However one of my lead tech's works for the AMA and knows Mladin pretty well and has told me he's good people. Some riders that are in the limelight often get judged prematurely. Sure from the outside he may seem like arrogant person but ya never know until you really know someone.

Hey Seruzawa, maybe you need to get a ride from Chris Ulrich's two up GSXR1000 at the next AMA event, then maybe you'll give more repect to roadracers, than to Olympic Curling?

Last edited by MOKE1K : 01-27-2009 at 10:35 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote