Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 01-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I wouldn't be suprised! I hear he was on that girls team that beat the other team 100-0. Mat was slam dunking, and generally face mashing any chick in his way. He's a legend in his own mind.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2009, 12:00 PM   #12
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
I usually refrain from judging people I have never met. If you have seruzawa, then maybe this doesnt apply to you. However one of my lead tech's works for the AMA and knows Mladin pretty well and has told me he's good people. Some riders that are in the limelight often get judged prematurely. Sure from the outside he may seem like arrogant person but ya never know until you really know someone.

Hey Seruzawa, maybe you need to get a ride from Chris Ulrich's two up GSXR1000 at the next AMA event, then maybe you'll give more repect to roadracers, than to Olympic Curling?
Who doesn't have respect for road racers? I just don't think they are superior human beings. Just better at certain tasks than most of us. I certainly wouldn't go to one for a toothache. So I guess I value dentists more than road racers. I also value teachers and firefighters more than road racers.

I might have been one had it not been for the Vietnam War and the draft. Was saving for a TD1B if you must know. But that's all water under the bridge now.

Anyhow I will explain it once more in simple terms. I have no kick with sportbike riders. Or cruiser riders. Or any riders. Except for those who pretend that their bike choice makes them better than everyone else. This mental disease is common to too many HD, sportbike and unfortunately BMW owners... although less with them. I know. I've been to the Rock Store and Griffith Park and other "popular" bike hangouts and have heard all the BS and have had enough of the us vs them attitude. The people I currently ride with ride everything from Goldwings to Ducks. We all dislike squids and posers. And we all do our own wrenching. Usually with beer.

I reserve the right to poke fun at anyone and expect the same.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #13
acecycleins
Founding Member

Weird thing is that I can find out these things. Like in late July when I knew Nicky had signed the Ducati contract. And when Larry Pegram decided to not only run a 848 but will run the 1198, too. And he'll add a rider. He won't tell me who but I'm thinking Marty Craggill or Jamie Hacking are he two best choices.
You know if their all running 'Sport class bikes I would put money on Yates, Tommy Hayden and Ben Bostrom to pull the majority of wins this year. Mladin will finish the first season of ASB in third.

Last edited by acecycleins : 01-28-2009 at 06:04 AM.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #14
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Dam,the motorcycle profit has spoken. Iam holding you to that one Ace.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:22 PM   #15
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
Who doesn't have respect for road racers? I just don't think they are superior human beings. Just better at certain tasks than most of us. I certainly wouldn't go to one for a toothache. So I guess I value dentists more than road racers. I also value teachers and firefighters more than road racers.

I might have been one had it not been for the Vietnam War and the draft. Was saving for a TD1B if you must know. But that's all water under the bridge now.

Anyhow I will explain it once more in simple terms. I have no kick with sportbike riders. Or cruiser riders. Or any riders. Except for those who pretend that their bike choice makes them better than everyone else. This mental disease is common to too many HD, sportbike and unfortunately BMW owners... although less with them. I know. I've been to the Rock Store and Griffith Park and other "popular" bike hangouts and have heard all the BS and have had enough of the us vs them attitude. The people I currently ride with ride everything from Goldwings to Ducks. We all dislike squids and posers. And we all do our own wrenching. Usually with beer.

I reserve the right to poke fun at anyone and expect the same.
Wow, and you got all of that from just a suggestion? Well no matter. I think you need to resorect a TD1B and take a trackday, no seriously!

You'd have a hoot, I guess that attitude you speak of, lives in all of us a little. Just got to try and repress it a little. I try to learn above that mind set. I also "try" to be curtious and respectful to all riders. I wave at everyone I pass everytime I ride. I just laugh and make a joke to myself when they dont respond, and dont let it faze me. Oh and the beer whilst working on the bike, yeah!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #16
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Hey I found this one for sale? Cheap! and shes a runner too! All we need is to call nick at Zero Gravity and your set!

Dam don't know how you ever took any corners on those skinny little things you call tires?

Last edited by MOKE1K : 01-27-2009 at 08:50 PM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:57 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Wow, and you got all of that from just a suggestion? Well no matter. I think you need to resorect a TD1B and take a trackday, no seriously!

You'd have a hoot, I guess that attitude you speak of, lives in all of us a little. Just got to try and repress it a little. I try to learn above that mind set. I also "try" to be curtious and respectful to all riders. I wave at everyone I pass everytime I ride. I just laugh and make a joke to myself when they dont respond, and dont let it faze me. Oh and the beer whilst working on the bike, yeah!
I was thinking of buying a set of Michelins and taking Zrex to Miller Sportspark this year for fun but they aren't doing any open track days for bikes this year. They had several days last year but basically no one shows up. So track time for me is simply not a reality. Vegas is too far.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:33 AM   #18
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I don't drink beer while I'm working on stuff, I'm just too anal about being precise and it's too easy to miss something. Any other time is fine though.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:16 AM   #19
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I don't drink beer while I'm working on stuff, I'm just too anal about being precise and it's too easy to miss something. Any other time is fine though.
Like when your ridin, right?
Old 01-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #20
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Like when your ridin, right?

Only if it's a Harley....gotta' keep up appearences ya' know

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote