Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #11
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'm not trying to say anything except every single 1000cc superbike with the inline four configuration all sound the same. I see you didn't know what the 'big bang' firing configuration is either, so I'll duck out of this one.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-15-2008, 01:47 PM   #12
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I'm not trying to say anything except every single 1000cc superbike with the inline four configuration all sound the same. I see you didn't know what the 'big bang' firing configuration is either, so I'll duck out of this one.

"Yeah ok"? (sarcastic) I sell em, race em, but dont know what the bigbang is???? How did you decifer that from what I stated? Did you not get it, I'll break it down for ya,... stay close now.

It puts the journals 90degrees from the next producing an uneven firing order, one cyl. fires at 270degrees one at 180degrees one at 90degrees and the last cylinder at 180degrees. What dont I understand Longride?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:06 PM   #13
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
It puts the journals 90degrees from the next producing an uneven firing order, one cyl. fires at 270degrees one at 180degrees one at 90degrees and the last cylinder at 180degrees. What dont I understand Longride?
I'm not sure that it, Moke1. After re-reading my first post, I don't think I explained it well:

Usually the four cylinders fire independently of each other; using various combinations of firing order and crank position. If I understand the Big Bang theory, you're actually firing two cylinders at the same instant, so instead of four smaller power pulses going to the tire for each revolution, you only get two big ones. Apparently that almost instantaneous moment between the pulses is long enough for the rubber to re-grip the track better than the steady stream of four small pulses.

C'mon Mr. Duke, jump in here an 'splain this stuff, willya?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I'm pretty sure you stated this:
"Not sure what makes it sound that much different, ...."

SO, I guess the main thing you don't understand is why one inline 1000cc four sounds different than any other one. Maybe it's the exhaust??
Old 12-15-2008, 02:22 PM   #15
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
I guess the main thing you don't understand is why one inline 1000cc four sounds different than any other one. Maybe it's the muffler??
Wasnt that your original question? That "you" didnt understand in the first place? Iam going to assume the different firing order makes it sound differently that would be my guess.

I have no problem understanding all of this, remember your the one asking questions on the subject?

You sure like to start trouble, that is obvious!
Old 12-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you stated this:
"Not sure what makes it sound that much different, ...."

SO, I guess the main thing you don't understand is why one inline 1000cc four sounds different than any other one. Maybe it's the exhaust??
Dang it longride. You better stop causing trouble or we will be forced to go Kpaul all over your @ss!
Old 12-15-2008, 02:56 PM   #17
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Ell Ar don't start no trouble. Ell Ar FINISHES trouble. Y'all better remember that if'n you wanna stay healthy.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #18
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Well, in your own words, 'I sell em and I race em' but I guess you really don't know all that much about em. I do like to start 'trouble'. For most people 'trouble' means exposing what they really know about something. I guess I should have said 'Wow, that thing is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO different!' I guess I didn't get a copy of the script. Sorry.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #19
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Just asked a simple question!
Old 12-15-2008, 07:57 PM   #20
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Well, in your own words, 'I sell em and I race em' but I guess you really don't know all that much about em. I do like to start 'trouble'. For most people 'trouble' means exposing what they really know about something. I guess I should have said 'Wow, that thing is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO different!' I guess I didn't get a copy of the script. Sorry.
You apparently have a problem with trouble as I feel it must have followed you around alot as a small child? What ever the case, I do feel it has presented itself in the
grown up version or simulated presentation of who you are today.

Albeit ugly, I do belive it is curable, with the right doseage and proper medical reconstruction anything is possible. Due take note to the possible side effects when serious rehabilitation is in order and underway.

Online forum's are deffinatly out of the question as you may arouse conflict amoungst other individuals within the site for no apparent reasons. Rehabilitation is serious and should be taken as such. Patiants not following these strick guidlines should be highly aware of unforseen consequenses due to such nature of these activites.

The patiants ability to guide oneself through a thorough conversation may be limited and also dangerous to one's reputation and popularity within that site.The patiant may also experience an irrefutable urge to understand and possibly even try to make sence of a subject when no experience is obvious or experienced by said patiant.

Retard!

Last edited by MOKE1K : 12-15-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Closed Thread