Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 12-14-2008, 12:25 PM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

I don't really care what they do, Ace, as long as they don't bore me to death at Miller's this summer.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-14-2008, 01:55 PM   #12
MOKE1K
Registered Member

No matter how it plays out it'll be fun to watch. Also would be interesting to see Jordans team pull a rider like Mladin, wonder how Yates would feel about that?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #13
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

As long as Yates has a good bike to race, I think that he'd welcome the competition.
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 11:05 AM   #14
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
No matter how it plays out it'll be fun to watch. Also would be interesting to see Jordans team pull a rider like Mladin, wonder how Yates would feel about that?
Rumor has it that Jordan's team is in negotiation with Jason Britten of TeeVee's "Superbikes!" to come aboard in '09. Apparently they don't think Britten will win any races, but they figure the fan base and sponsorship they'll draw by having him run entire races doing headstands on the gas tank will more than make up for it.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:17 PM   #15
acecycleins
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth_Moore View Post
Rumor has it that Jordan's team is in negotiation with Jason Britten of TeeVee's "Superbikes!" to come aboard in '09. Apparently they don't think Britten will win any races, but they figure the fan base and sponsorship they'll draw by having him run entire races doing headstands on the gas tank will more than make up for it.
Britten has a deal with Kawi. Would you sign a guy that you'd have to buy out a contract on in order to bring in fans? Jordan's name is good enough for that. The Jordan team is probably going to be Yates and May like 2008. If I were Jordan I would hire the Danny Eslick kid and Miguel DuHamel to ride the National Guard bikes. Yep, I know that Miguel is a Canadian, but he owns a house in Vegas. Isn't that Americana 101? If I couldn't have Miguel I'd go for Ryan Elleby. Ryan finished 7th in points in class and missed two races because he couldn't afford to make the trip. Incredible talent and no working capitol.
I figure in the next 48 hrs Corona will announce that Honda loaned them their bikes & Hodgeson. Better to let him race and let someone else do the first year R&D than to pay him for nothing.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:20 PM   #16
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acecycleins View Post
Britten has a deal with Kawi.
Kirk, I was kidding...

So you don't like the idea of combining stunt riding with racing? Look at how well "Drifting" is doing. It only proves that you can draw a crowd by deliberately f'ing up your vehicle control.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:52 PM   #17
acecycleins
Founding Member

Default It's not rocket science

Soup :: 100 Proof Corona :: 01-30-2009

Feels good to know that I'm not full of shyt all the time.

Last edited by acecycleins : 01-30-2009 at 01:19 PM.
acecycleins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:05 PM   #18
12er
Founding Member

Yates lost me when he ran into the back marker then tried to drop kick him. Loved the guys double schlong wag to yates though.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote