Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Events & Racing > Motorcycle Racing

Old 11-25-2008, 05:56 AM   #1
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Question 1125r Buells running against CBR600rr?

Now that's an odd looking Grid,..Boy, not so sure about DMG anymore, whats with this?
Soup :: Buell 1125R & Other Massive Twins Legal In Daytona Sport Bike & Supersport :: 11-21-2008

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-25-2008, 06:22 AM   #2
seruzawa
The Toad

Let everybody run. That'll separate the men from the boys. (Not valid in San Francisco)
Old 11-25-2008, 06:59 AM   #3
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

That's no good, why not just run a Twins class seperate from the 600's

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:01 AM   #4
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

What they are doing is bringing in a variety of makes and models so that the 15 people that show up to the races presently don't watch the same bikes with the same riders ride the same way race after race and year after year. Look at what flattrack and drag racing did to the rules to allow more brands into the mix and the crowds grow and grow and the next thing you know, more than 15 people show up to a race!
Old 11-25-2008, 08:53 AM   #5
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Oh come on, I think there was quite a bit more than 15 people at Daytona last year, and the before, and the year before? One thing I do know though, it'll be weird watching to see if a 600 can actually beat a 1200cc twin around Daytona's banking. They deffinatly attracted my attention as Backwards as that Grid sounds, who knows maybe their on to something?
Old 11-25-2008, 09:02 AM   #6
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Oh come on, I think there was quite a bit more than 15 people at Daytona last year.."

OK, there was 20. AMA road racing is dying so badly it isn't funny. If they don't change things for the better soon, it will die completely. That may mean changes that you may not agree with, but is better for the sport overall.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:08 AM   #7
MOKE1K
Registered Member

I didnt say I did not agree with it, just found it a strange way to go about things. However, Iam a very opened minded person and welcome's change even if it seems kinda weird at first. Course the differences in Hp suggest "at least at Daytona" that it will not be easy for the smaller bikes to catch anything kicking out 150 and up, dont ya think?

'08 Buell 1125R: 146 horsepower, 82 foot pounds of torque

'08 Honda CBR600RR: 105 horsepower, 46 foot pounds of torque

On the dying part, I dont agree. Maybe Iam wrong, but it seems to me that the Roadracing part of the AMA has been steadily growing year after year.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:24 AM   #8
MOKE1K
Registered Member

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
That's no good, why not just run a Twins class seperate from the 600's

It'll be entertaining to see every rider opt for a 1200cc twin instead of a 600. Then they'll be right back in the same place as AMA. TWINS CLASS!

Wonder what acecycleins take is on all this?

Last edited by MOKE1K : 11-25-2008 at 09:37 AM.
MOKE1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:09 AM   #9
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKE1K View Post
I didnt say I did not agree with it, just found it a strange way to go about things. However, Iam a very opened minded person and welcome's change even if it seems kinda weird at first. Course the differences in Hp suggest "at least at Daytona" that it will not be easy for the smaller bikes to catch anything kicking out 150 and up, dont ya think?

'08 Buell 1125R: 146 horsepower, 82 foot pounds of torque

'08 Honda CBR600RR: 105 horsepower, 46 foot pounds of torque

On the dying part, I dont agree. Maybe Iam wrong, but it seems to me that the Roadracing part of the AMA has been steadily growing year after year.
If the AMA Superbike race at Miller's is any indication the series was on serious life support. Superbike and Supersport were total Z-fests.. just a parade going round and round. The crowning point was when I learned that if Mladin crashes the entire race is stopped until he can get his bike going again. WTF?

The 125GP race that day was far more entertaining than the literbike bore-fests. I'll take Flattrack or Supermotard any day (and twice on Sunday) over the supremely boring AMA Suzuki show.

The racing series should allow bikes based on the amount of air the engine pumps, like they do at the drags. This would allow Triumph's 675s to run. Of course it's no mystery why the Big4 don't want Triumph anywhere near the same track.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:01 AM   #10
12er
Founding Member

AMA at Infineon is mostly a ghost town every year. I always get to sit in my favorite spot, so not really a complaint for me. Though I must say the 125's were the best race at Laguna this year for GP. First race win was by .001. Fast little tykes.
12er is offline   Reply With Quote