Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle and Product Reviews > Motorcycle Product Review

Old 03-22-2008, 12:21 PM   #1
andremn
Registered Member

Default Klock Werks Windshield/Roadglide.

A week ago I bought this Klock Werks windshield for my Roadglide. I took my first ride to a poker run in Fort Worth.First impression, Hmmmmmmmmmm, a little windy. After getting on the freeway, almost lost my hat, girlfriend got strangled by her helmet strap, turbulence sucked the air out our lungs and at 80 mph the wind as like a huricane. I got my first card, went home and changed the screen back to the stock Harley. Klock werks said they will not honor a return because it was designed to replace the stock harley screen????????? and I have a higher than stock shield. So? it still does not work.Looks very sexy though if you dont ride your bike. Thus I am in posession of a very new $160 windshield that does not shield the wind.
Certainly not recommended.
andremn is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2008, 01:30 PM   #2
sachiwilson
Women Riders Moderator

Baloney.

Windscreens work or do not work depending on the bike and rider. A screen that works for one person may not work at all for another. You, being clueless about how screens work and how to choose one, picked the wrong screen. Too bad.

Sarnali: "what could be more useless than arguing with a deaf female lawyer????"
sachiwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #3
Kenneth_Moore
Registered Member

andremn, I got spoiled by an excellent windshield on my old Concours. After 30 years on bikes without fairings or windscreens, I found I liked riding in a calm pocket of air, especially on the Interstates or in the rain.

I've been struggling with windscreens for my VStrom since I got it. The original one is pretty large, and has a huge adjustment range, but I cannot get it to a point where my head isn't being hammered by air blasts. I studied the endless posts on the subject on a VStrom specific website, and bought a new aftermarket screen. Same results. My next step is to get a bracket that adds even more adjustability and see if that work. Or not, maybe just a sport screen that provides no wind and rain protection at all, but that does flow clean air at about chest level.

The 'Glide's mounting for the screen doesn't give much opportunity for adjustment. Maybe you can dump it on Ebay and buy some chrome instead.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:58 AM   #4
pushrod
Founding Member

Hooo-weee!

Make a note: Stay away from Sachi around the 22nd of March!

Andremn, hopefully you got the point, and not the horn. Like Ken says, maybe you can "finesse" the KW screen. But, most of them seem to be made for looks, and the designers cannot even spell'aerodynamics'.

Good luck!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:10 AM   #5
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Hooo-weee!

Andremn, hopefully you got the point, and not the horn. Like Ken says, maybe you can "finesse" the KW screen. But, most of them seem to be made for looks, and the designers cannot even spell'aerodynamics'.

Good luck!
They can too spell airody,.... erridi...... well look, they don't know what that means, but they DO know what's stylin' in the Parkin' Lot of Burger Barn, Yo!
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #6
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushrod View Post
Hooo-weee!

Good luck!

No, she knows Zachery has an eye for her so she's doing her Power Lawyer Thing.........

He's probably chewing his keyboard by now Heh heh.....

The only windshield I thought was any good was the adjustable one on my '02 R1150 RT, one of the few things I liked about the bike. It was adjustable for height and deflection and actually worked very well, over all the bike was very comfortable really, with the windshield, adjustable seat and heated grips. Pretty easy to dial in for whatever type of riding or weather you were in

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 03-24-2008 at 11:49 AM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote