Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle and Product Reviews > Motorcycle Product Review

Old 01-23-2008, 08:02 AM   #11
pushrod
Founding Member

The Lexol Leather conditioner (brown bottle?) is the stuff to use, after you clean the item with the Goop or baby shampoo or whatever. Mother's spit is probably the most effective cleaner known to man, so there's an option.

Roger the Lexol cleaner. Too harsh for gloves, or your typical leather lingerie.

It is great for "heavy" leather, though. But, saddle soap is just as good, and cheaper.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #12
sfcdjevans
Registered Member

Default Thanks

Well the gloves are almost dry. Sorry can't type in them. Thanks for all the input. I've been takin' care of slings and boots for over, well a long time. It's always good to ask, there was a time that I hadn't heard of Sno Seal, Danners etc........Course I'd never spent quite this much on a pair of gloves before either.
Old 01-24-2008, 07:55 AM   #13
pushrod
Founding Member

And of course, you don't need to see yourself in their shine, either...

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:38 AM   #14
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Use "GOOP" lanolin based hand cleaner. I've used it for years on Bill Walters leathers, Webco MX gloves, FUll Bore boots, and they all still look good, and the cleanzing action along with the lanolin makes for a good combo. It's also fun to throw a big handfull at drunks who refuse to leave your garage.
If you had asked nicely, I would have left. Or, if you had run out of beer I would have left without being asked.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:05 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

Default In that case....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mscuddy View Post
Use "GOOP" lanolin based hand cleaner. I've used it for years on Bill Walters leathers, Webco MX gloves, FUll Bore boots, and they all still look good, and the cleanzing action along with the lanolin makes for a good combo. It's also fun to throw a big handfull at drunks who refuse to leave your garage.
... you'd better not let your wife get a hold of any. Unless you want a goop shower.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #16
anna
Registered Member

Originally from the equestrian leather care forum -- where Leather Therapy won "Best Conditioner" over every other product and "Product of the Year in 1997", the Restorer is used to deeply condition leather -- from the inside-out. Now that we're into the Motorsports markets I'm thinking of taking an ad on this site. The products are used in the Smithsonian on older leathers, by furniture and saddle makers to rid mold problems (while conditioning) leather and lots more. If you have any specific leather questions, I'd be happy to help you.
Anna, www.leathertherapy.com
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #17
anna
Registered Member

Red face Free samples of Leather Therapy Restorer/Conditioner

Gosh, it's been a long time since I've visited this site. That's going to change now.

If anyone out there wants a free sample of our award-winning leather conditioner, go to Leather Therapy -- the Free Sample is on the home page -- and give me your shipping information.

Anna
anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:53 PM   #18
A Star Ride
Registered Member

2 posts back to back 3-1/2 years apart? WOW