Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle and Product Reviews > Motorcycle Product Review

Old 11-13-2007, 12:47 PM   #11
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
wow, that looks like a nice place
Cost us less than KP's Lexus. It's tripled in value in the last 9 years. And the national mortgage woes haven't affected local values one bit. That would be a real investment. Not bolt-on chrome HD bits type of "investment". A democrat administration's anti-development policies will only increase it's value. So will a Republican hands off policy. Win-win.

The secret is to simply not put your wealth in your driveway. Instead of a Lexus buy a used Corolla. Buy land you can afford within 100 miles of any medium to large western city with the money you save. Buy it before Hillary! closes all available lands in 2009. Wait a few years. People are desperate to find getaways out of the urban pollution.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2007, 03:15 PM   #12
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Are you sure we aren't related somehow?

I bought 40 acres in northern AZ (30 minutes south of the Grand Canyon, 45 minutes northwest of Flagstaff) when I was 25. I have a pick up truck that will be paid off in a year and it only has 31000 miles on it. The other car is paid off. We stretched ourselves on the farmhouse compound, but the rates are good and fixed.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:29 PM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningBAR View Post
Are you sure we aren't related somehow?

I bought 40 acres in northern AZ (30 minutes south of the Grand Canyon, 45 minutes northwest of Flagstaff) when I was 25. I have a pick up truck that will be paid off in a year and it only has 31000 miles on it. The other car is paid off. We stretched ourselves on the farmhouse compound, but the rates are good and fixed.
Our vehicles... all of them, cars, truck, bikes, sled.... are all paid off. The Truck has 150K on it, but I'm just going to drop a factory waranteed new small block in it when it needs it. I'm not planning on ever buying a new truck. You gotta be kidding about the new prices. Cabin was bought out right off the sale of land we'd bought in the 80's that skyrocketed during the Olympics insanity.

Yeah, luck's involved. But you make your own luck. Depending on anyone else to take care of you is a fool's game. Expecting the govt to is even worse.

How's that land doing? I've not been to Flagstaff in many years so I don't know how big it's getting. If the coasties discover northern Arizona like they did Wyoming's Star Valley and Montana then hold on to your hat. The downside is they bring in the same stupid politics that created the crime ridden hellholes they are trying to escape. Look at what the New Yorkers have done to New Hampshire and Florida. What the Californians did to Boulder, Colorado. Sad.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:47 PM   #14
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I don't worry about any of that shyt. I'm dedicated to having as much fun as I can while I'm still breathing. It all ends in a dirt nap anyway, and we never know what day it all ends, so better get it in now. My favorite saying is that there ain't no U-Haul hitched to the hearse. This ain't no dress rehersal boys. Get yer asses out on the road!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:00 PM   #15
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
I don't worry about any of that shyt. I'm dedicated to having as much fun as I can while I'm still breathing. It all ends in a dirt nap anyway, and we never know what day it all ends, so better get it in now. My favorite saying is that there ain't no U-Haul hitched to the hearse. This ain't no dress rehersal boys. Get yer asses out on the road!
I just got back from a nice ride up and over Palomar mountain. About 105 miles total. Lots of fire damage.

It was a shivering 80 degrees today but I manned up and left the electric vest at home. One more day like this and the Duc will be ready for it's 1st service.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:08 PM   #16
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I hate you! I did ride today. It wasn't too bad. Almost 60.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:08 PM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Quote:
Originally Posted by longride View Post
Oh yeah. I'm sure skimping myself on motorcycle riding. I'm gonna change my ways now. You bet. Thanks for the advice. I'd better buy more bikes since apparently 5 isn't enough.(eyes rolling)

The nine acres goes with the cabin. Locked gate. Private land. Guaranteed off road riding no matter what the BLM rules become under Hitlery. Better buy some yourself. Might be the only place to ride after another decade of Global Warming nut activity.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:12 PM   #18
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Heck....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I just got back from a nice ride up and over Palomar mountain. About 105 miles total. Lots of fire damage.

It was a shivering 80 degrees today but I manned up and left the electric vest at home. One more day like this and the Duc will be ready for it's 1st service.
... I'm still at it in Utah. Temperature overnight was only 45. Goldwing's purring along to work and the Zrex is still carving canyons on weekends. Thank God for global warming! Longer riding season. And when the oceans all rise 20 feet (as the manbearpig predicts) next year then BrowningBAR will be owning beach front property. Cool!

Is there anyone left living along Palomar road to complain about irresponsible loud V-twin motorcycles?
Old 11-13-2007, 05:19 PM   #19
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seruzawa View Post
... I'm still at it in Utah. Temperature overnight was only 45. Goldwing's purring along to work and the Zrex is still carving canyons on weekends. Thank God for global warming! Longer riding season. And when the oceans all rise 20 feet (as the manbearpig predicts) next year then BrowningBAR will be owning beach front property. Cool!

Is there anyone left living along Palomar road to complain about irresponsible loud V-twin motorcycles?
I think most of the houses up there survived. They weren't complaining about loud Vtwins. They were complaining about idiot sportbike riders riding way over their heads and crashing into everything.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:53 PM   #20
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

They already banned riding off-road bikes on your own property in parts of Cali. Could be coming to your town soon!