Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle and Product Reviews > Motorcycle Product Review

Old 05-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Schuberth C3

After 16 years of wedded bliss my wife announced she would like to start riding two up with me. She has never been interested in riding before (or so I thought) and being the princess that I know her to be never pushed the issue. I suggested we get her a helmet and try a short ride or two. To my surprise the local Ducat/Triumph dealer in Newport has a sale on Schuberth C3's. Not only did I buy her one I got one or myself. The two helmet price was $450.00 each. About a $300.00 discount. I have never seen the price on this model that low. I have always wanted a Schuberth but did not want to pay the premium. Even with the discount they aren't cheap. It is super light and has a drop down sun visor incorporated in the shell. I will be taking it on a shakedown cruise later today or tomorrow. A com system can also be added that includes Bluetooth. I may add that feature later on. I'll know more about how quiet the thing is after a ride or two. It fits perfectly.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

See if they'll give you the new internal liner from the C3Pro.

I had two C3s and had to return them. The intense pressure on the forehead sparked dozens of complaints and led to a re-design of the product.

Great build quality and super quiet. I couldn't hear a thing other than my screams of pain.

I have a more oval head rather than round.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
The Spaceman
Registered Member

They got top ranking in this months Cycle World modular helmet review. And they were by far the most expensive. Surprising you got such s deal on them, they only very recently reentered th US market.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Shakedown report.

I could not wait until tomorrow for the shakedown, I had to ride today. This helmet is light years ahead of my Arai. The venting is damn near perfect. They also use a double glazing technology that virtually eliminates fogging. On a warm day like today my Arai would cloud up a bit even with anti-fog on. The chinstrap fastener system leaves the antiquated double d-ring system on the Arai in the dust. The first thing I noticed was the quiet. I rode through my favorite canyons and looped back via the toll road. Everything from a little city riding, big sweepers, tight curves and long straights at all speeds. This helmet is perfect. The lining feels fine to me so I don't thing I'll have a problem with it. I wasn't in the market for a new helmet but my wife's sudden desire to ride two up prompted me to look at a holiday marketing email that had the helmets on it. I am very lucky to have gotten them at that price. Good fortune seldom smiles on me like this. I more often than not end up paying normal retail. The sales guy said Schuberth was running an exclusive promotion through Ducati/Triumph Newport. Now if I can only get Triumph UK to sell me a Tiger Sport there will be no stopping me. I highly recommend Schuberth Helmets.

Last edited by jmdonald : 05-28-2013 at 04:40 PM.
jmdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Do they have the C3 Pro as well?

I loved the helmet. My head didn't though.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:19 PM   #6
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default I believe so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
Do they have the C3 Pro as well?

I loved the helmet. My head didn't though.
I think they have the pro. The sale is for the C3 and C3w through tomorrow. Maybe they are trying to get rid of them.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #7
The Spaceman
Registered Member

I found C3's on Revzilla for $499 plus shipping. This is the previous generation model, apparently the Pro is the new design.
Schuberth C3 Pro: a better flip-front | RideApart

Like you, once I used Nolan's Microlock retention system, the "D" ring setup looked primitive. With Microlock you adjust the general length of the strap once, and from then on it's just a matter of sliding the tab into the clip. You've still got an inch or two of adjustment to play with depending on how snug you want it to fit. The only downside is you can't use typical bike helmet locks that rely on the D ring.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:07 AM   #8
jmdonald
Founding Member

Default Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
I found C3's on Revzilla for $499 plus shipping. This is the previous generation model, apparently the Pro is the new design.
Schuberth C3 Pro: a better flip-front | RideApart

Like you, once I used Nolan's Microlock retention system, the "D" ring setup looked primitive. With Microlock you adjust the general length of the strap once, and from then on it's just a matter of sliding the tab into the clip. You've still got an inch or two of adjustment to play with depending on how snug you want it to fit. The only downside is you can't use typical bike helmet locks that rely on the D ring.
I liken geering up for a motorcycle ride to geering up to scuba dive. Everything is put on or attached in the proper sequence. I.E. gloves go on last. I knew of quick release adapters for d ring fasteners but felt it was not worth the cost for a minor inconvenience. My roadster has a helmet lock on the side of the bike and the d ring attaches it. I won't be able to use it with the new one. I also have no problem using previous generation items especially if the work and the difference in design is not so revolutionary that going with the new gen is a no-brainier. Luckily the new helmet fits perfectly. Who says I'm not lucky.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #9
pushrod
Founding Member

If you want the wedded bliss to continue, I'd suggest you hold off on the purchase of an intercomm system!

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:25 AM   #10
trenttheuncatchable
Founding Member

Competition Accessories has the same sale, until May 31st: $499 for one, two for $899 when you order by phone. Schuberth C3 Modular Helmets, Schuberth C3W, C3 Modular Helmet - Compacc
the days ...
trenttheuncatchable is offline   Reply With Quote