Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Product Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-product-review/)
-   -   Technic Supervent Mesh Jacket (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-product-review/20930-technic-supervent-mesh-jacket.html)

jmdonald 04-05-2013 04:05 PM

Unacceptable

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 280968)
That's the second time I've heard "crony-capitalism" this week. The first time was in a discussion on the government bailout of Goldman-Sachs and JP Morgan in 08. The speaker said it was a classic example of crony-capitalism, where success is rewarded and failure is covered by the taxpayer. He said that when the "financial collapse" was going down, there was a virtual coup de etat by the Fed and the investment bankers, who bullied Bush into getting us to eat their losses.

Crony capitalism is a term describing an economy in which success in business depends on close relationships between business people and government officials. It's quite simple really.

pushrod 04-08-2013 03:27 PM

Ken, before you start cutting those emblems off, see if they are reflective.

If that matters to you.

I'm thinking the "Technics" are printed. Maybe a rattle can of satin black paint?

The_AirHawk 04-08-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 280955)
A printout of Obamacare, huh? I'd say its about equal to the paperwork generated by the insurance company, doctors, and the hospital for my broken hip. And a stack of $100 bills that size would just about match the cost.

Not even Close.

This is merely the REGULATIONS (that were yet to be written when it was "Deemed to Pass" Congress, BTW) telling you what you must fill-out in order to be Judged to Live or Die. Paper only breeds more of itself, and goddam but is it a prolific humping barstid.....

The Spaceman 04-08-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushrod (Post 280996)
Ken, before you start cutting those emblems off, see if they are reflective.

If that matters to you.

I'm thinking the "Technics" are printed. Maybe a rattle can of satin black paint?

The few logos there are don't appear to be removable short of wrecking the jacket. But its turned out to be very good in warm weather. It was in the high 80s today and it was quite comfy. Even stopped I could feel the breeze. I give it "2-Fans Up."

Buzglyd 04-08-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 280999)
The few logos there are don't appear to be removable short of wrecking the jacket. But its turned out to be very good in warm weather. It was in the high 80s today and it was quite comfy. Even stopped I could feel the breeze. I give it "2-Fans Up."

Well ride that POS down here. I'm in Hollywood for a few days.

The Spaceman 04-09-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 281000)
Well ride that POS down here. I'm in Hollywood for a few days.

Hollywood? The armpit of South Florida...I avoid it like the plague. Except the Hard Rock on occasion.

sarnali2 04-09-2013 05:39 PM

I thought the whole of Florida was an armpit. The part I saw anyway

Buzglyd 04-09-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 281003)
Hollywood? The armpit of South Florida...I avoid it like the plague. Except the Hard Rock on occasion.

I'm at the Diplomat. Pretty cool place.

The Spaceman 04-10-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzglyd (Post 281008)
I'm at the Diplomat. Pretty cool place.

Let me know if you want to see the new bike. I'm leaving work early to register the kid for High School (they grow up so quick...sob!). Should be free after 6.

trenttheuncatchable 04-10-2013 07:57 AM

Hey! Looks like I've joined a social networking site ...