Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle and Product Reviews > Motorcycle Product Review

Old 03-30-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Default Now Cee here, Bailey......

I got my swanky new Cee Bailey windshield the day before yesterday, installed in a few minutes using the supplied hardware and went for a ride around some local roads. Initial impression is that it's considerably quieter than the stock GS shorty and doesn't induce any annoying back pressure or handling irregularities...

Other than that I can't really say, as since we've been under some pretty heavy rain of near Biblical proportions I've been driving to work. The windshield is the stock shape more or less but 4 inches taller and 2 inches per side wider, they make a few different styles offering correspondingly larger or lesser amounts of wind protection put this one seems to work for me both functionally and asthetically

At any rate, seems decent enough, I had one on my K1200GT also and I believe Buz uses one on his K1600 with equally good results. They make a pretty wide veriaty of windshields for a various motorcycle models and also private aircraft and some automotive shades and deflectors so if you're in the market they're worth a look......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...

Last edited by sarnali2 : 03-31-2012 at 05:59 PM.
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #2
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I do not use a CB.

My shields for my 1300 and 1600 have been from CalSci.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:59 AM   #3
The Spaceman
Registered Member

Getting the right screen is a lifelong quest. The VStroms come with a stupid little screen that seems to be designed to create buffeting. I was able to get a decent result with a Madstad bracket and a Givi screen. But, I only used it once, last year when I was riding in 40 degree weather. Otherwise I use the short "sport" screen, which puts clean, smooth air right at the helmet.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzglyd View Post
I do not use a CB.

My shields for my 1300 and 1600 have been from CalSci.

OK, my mistake. Buzz wanted to get a Cee Bailey for his 1300 and 1600 but couldn't afford one so he got a CalSci instead......

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:50 PM   #5
silentgrayfellow
Founding Member

I use a Cee Bailey windscreen on my Electra Glide - good product. If anyone is interested in one, note that their "light smoke" tint is nearly clear, and the opaque is just that, it is so black you can't see through it. The "dark smoke" tint is between those two.
silentgrayfellow is offline   Reply With Quote