Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   Motorcycle Product Review (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-product-review/)
-   -   Jeans (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/motorcycle-product-review/19032-jeans.html)

biker chick 07-30-2011 01:54 PM

Jeans

WWW>GRAVITATEJEANS>COM Love them

A Star Ride 07-30-2011 01:58 PM

Motorcycle product review huh>

Mahatma 04-12-2013 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biker chick (Post 263940)
WWW>GRAVITATEJEANS>COM Love them

Why not post a link that works out of the box?...:roll:

sarnali2 04-12-2013 07:40 AM

I wear Lee carpenter jeans myself. Nice and baggy for my creaky old ass, and with big pockets to conceal my pistol in without tracing I can carry concealed in the most demanding enviroments. Add that to their $20 price tag and they're a solid bargain!

The Spaceman 04-12-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 281037)
I wear Lee carpenter jeans myself. Nice and baggy for my creaky old ass, and with big pockets to conceal my pistol in without tracing I can carry concealed in the most demanding enviroments. Add that to their $20 price tag and they're a solid bargain!

Lee carpenter jeans? Is the fabric thicker than tissue paper? Seems like Levis are junk anymore, I can't believe how thin the material is. The only decent jeans I've found lately are from HD, and they want a stupid price for them. Luckily I bought several pair when I was getting the employee discount.

I'm packing a pretty big "pistol" myself...it fits, but just barely.

sarnali2 04-12-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 281039)
Lee carpenter jeans? Is the fabric thicker than tissue paper? Seems like Levis are junk anymore, I can't believe how thin the material is. The only decent jeans I've found lately are from HD, and they want a stupid price for them. Luckily I bought several pair when I was getting the employee discount.

I'm packing a pretty big "pistol" myself...it fits, but just barely.

Barely thicker. I have a few pairs of Duluth Trading Company Firehose Dungarees that are like sheet canvas for real dirty work but the Lee's are comfortable enough to wear around and ride in. Wouldn't want to do the slide test in them though.

So when you're at Subway and the girl asks if you have the 12 inch do you just wink and say "You know it, Baby"???

jmdonald 04-12-2013 10:45 AM

Speedos just in case.

Rumor has it some are wearing speedos when choosing to conceal carry. Enhances the draw technique. So I'm told.

The Spaceman 04-12-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarnali2 (Post 281040)
Barely thicker. I have a few pairs of Duluth Trading Company Firehose Dungarees that are like sheet canvas for real dirty work but the Lee's are comfortable enough to wear around and ride in. Wouldn't want to do the slide test in them though.

So when you're at Subway and the girl asks if you have the 12 inch do you just wink and say "You know it, Baby"???

No, but when I'm at Denny's in the middle of the night and the waitress asks: "Cream in your coffee?" I usually say "not lately."

I've been looking at Bohn armored underwear as a solution to the thin pants issue. They claim the fabric doesn't bother you in hot weather. I just want a product that could be an alternative to my heavy Icon jeans in the summer, and add some armor below the beltline. Their website got my attention with this:

•Knee-Shin (this is usually the first area that hits in a fall)
Hips (an impact on the hip bone can be really painful) (No ****)
•Thigh (thigh and leg muscles are easily bruised deeply)
•Tailbone (landing on your tailbone makes your eyes water!)

Armored protection under your jeans.

Buzglyd 04-12-2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Spaceman (Post 281045)
No, but when I'm at Denny's in the middle of the night and the waitress asks: "Cream in your coffee?" I usually say "not lately."

I've been looking at Bohn armored underwear as a solution to the thin pants issue. They claim the fabric doesn't bother you in hot weather. I just want a product that could be an alternative to my heavy Icon jeans in the summer, and add some armor below the beltline. Their website got my attention with this:

•Knee-Shin (this is usually the first area that hits in a fall)
Hips (an impact on the hip bone can be really painful) (No ****)
•Thigh (thigh and leg muscles are easily bruised deeply)
•Tailbone (landing on your tailbone makes your eyes water!)

Armored protection under your jeans.

Cycle Gear makes some heavy duty cargo pants also. They've got the lining in them. The extra pockets are nice when you're on a longer ride to hold stuff.

I got mine in black and they seem to be a bit cooler than the jeans.

sarnali2 04-12-2013 12:58 PM

If it's warm out I just wear jeans and a shirt and hope I don't fall down. Admittidly not the best plan but I hate being all sweaty and muggy. The rest of the time I'm in my 'stitch so I guess you just roll the dice and take your chance. Not knocking anyone who's ATGATT, just don't always do it my self. Guess I'm SOTGATT