Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle and Product Reviews > Motorcycle Product Review

Old 06-29-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
skubanut
Registered Member

Default rain gear

trying to get new stuff before leaving for Stugis.....any real suggestions on pants that are out there that you would recommend??

I am looking at the ICON PDX rain bibs???

thanks
skubanut is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-29-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
pushrod
Founding Member

I used Joe Rocket 'Ballistic' pants for years, with shorts (or just u-trou) underneath. They feature ventilation, a pocket, armor, and are water-'proof'.

I now have the new Triumph 'Adventure' pants. Which are all the above, but much, much better.

I didn't like hauling around a set of raingear, and most of the PPE garments happen to be water resistant. So the raingear would be redundant.

However, back to your query, the PDX gear gets a good write-up on motorcycle-usa.com.

I have become -
Comfortably Numb.
pushrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:28 PM   #3
sarnali2
Aging Cafe` Racer

I also had good look with the Joe Rocket Ballistic even crash tested it with no broken bones or soft tissue injuries. I replaced it with an Aerostitch Darien suit which works well if perhaps a little spendy.

If you just want rain gear to wear over leathers I always used regular Hi Viz work raingear like Dutch Harbour or whatever, found at any work wear or sporting goods store.

As P-Rod said though decent textile riding gear makes it kind of redundant.

"He said he's farting because of his medication"...
sarnali2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:58 PM   #4
A Star Ride
Registered Member

I have Frog Togs due to their light weight & packability, I also have a set of boating raingear, heavier & not breathable at all, but it works if you can tuck the hood inside before you zip. The Togs will melt if you hit your pipes, you can secure the leg bottoms with rubber bands on the cheap. A lady in my club makes girders from ironing board covers to wear from knee to ankle if you have the time & feel crafty. I also have a full suit Spidi Admiral, fully breathable, fully waterproof, armored & costly but perfect in every way except isnt packable at all & I won't wear it in hot weather.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #5
Dr_Sprocket
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarnali2 View Post
I also had good look with the Joe Rocket Ballistic even crash tested it with no broken bones or soft tissue injuries. I replaced it with an Aerostitch Darien suit which works well if perhaps a little spendy.
Aerostitch a little spendy? I should think so! I'm quite sure it's good stuff, but for now my meager salary can only afford Fieldsheer or Tourmaster.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:16 AM   #6
V2Rider
Premium Member

I use Frog Togs for the same reason A Star Ride does, light weight and small to pack. I also use boot covers from HD. The last leg of my recent bike trip was spent in pouring rain from Deals Gap to Atlanta and they kept me pretty dry.
Old 06-30-2011, 05:54 AM   #7
Morpheus59
Registered Member

Check out my Harley-Davidson Ride Ready rainsuit review a few posts down.
Morpheus59 is offline   Reply With Quote